PDA

View Full Version : WWYD- Playgroup situation....

kayte
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
One of the moms in our playgroup was hurtful and insulting over something I was trying to do to be nice to her and her soon-to-be new baby. It really hurt my feelings. I bounce back and forth between being angry and sad.

The email to rsvp for this week's group (which is not at that mom's house) just came out and I notice she will be attending. I really don't want to go and see her. So do I just stay home for a few weeks, thinking that I will get over being so upset? Do I quit the group? Do I let the host know that we staying away because I am just feeling a little uncomfortable or just decline. (usually when someone says they aren't coming they specify the prior engagement, or that their child is sick, etc...) I don't want to the host to be offended.

I feel like this all so "seventh grade" and I really don't have the energy or the time for it.

hillview
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Humm, without knowing the specific situation, I guess if it were me I'd go and avoid her and maybe identify another mom before hand to hang out with to make it less uncomfortable. Also (again I don't know what happened) she is pg? if so maybe just insane like we get when pg and so maybe she'll apologize or be over it etc? For me if I liked the rest of the folks, I'd not avoid it for one person (unless they were really bad).
/hillary

kristenk
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I really think that it depends on what happens. Without knowing any details, I'm guessing that I'd either go or come up with other plans for the same time as playgroup. I wouldn't stay home w/o a reason b/c that seems like it would escalate things w/i the group and it would be best to keep the group uninvolved.

TOTALLY guessing on my reaction, though!

KBecks
07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Take some time away if you're not up to going. You can send an excuse, and in our playgroup any excuse works so don't worry about that too much.

Corie
07-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I would call the woman who insulted you and talk to her
about what happened. I think it would help alot to
go straight to the source.