PDA

View Full Version : 37 Weeks 5 Days & 5CM Dilated!

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I went to my OB appt tomorrow, I am 37 weeks 5 days pregnant and 5cm dilated. My husband is leaving this coming Monday for a training and won't be back until Friday. If for some reason I do not deliver my baby by this Sunday, the only labor coach I will have is my son which is 3.5 years old.. So can anyone tell me what I should do to help rush things along? I already scrubbed my floors and it doesn't seem to have done anything but give me a backache.. UGH..

Please Help!

wencit
07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Quick! Do some babydancing with your DH before he has to leave! :) I've heard that can cause labor to start, as does nipple stimulation -- maybe do both at the same time? TMI, I know, I know...

Sending labor vibes your way!

jawilli4
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
I was 5 cm dilated at 38 weeks with both of my kids and they both were born a week late. With DC2 I walked around at 40 weeks at 7.5 cm only to have her a week later. My OB/GYN said it is just what happens to some women. So, if you aren't having other major signs of labor, I wouldn't stress too much as DH will probably be back in plenty of time for the birth of your DC2.

Good luck!
Jan

lizajane
07-23-2008, 07:21 PM
s*x and walking are the only "real" ways to induce labor. so get out there and do some hikin' and lovin'!!

missliss55
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
With DD#2 I was dilated to 5cm at 36 weeks. At 37 weeks I was dilated to 6cm. At 38 weeks I was dilated to 6-7cm. At 39 weeks and 1 days I was dilated to 7-8cm. Now during this whole time I had no contractions at all. They broke my water and 50 min. later she was born. It would have been sooner but her head was turned to the side...she was actually looking at DH when she was born. Don't stress too much and good luck!