PDA

View Full Version : What to do for nanny's birthday?

anothermom
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Our nanny's birthday is coming up, and it's the first one since she has worked for us. I'm thinking cash would be the most appreciated gift in her case, but how much do you think is enough? She makes $500/week, if that helps with perspective. Thanks for your input!

catcombs
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I have celebrated two of my nanny's birthdays - the first I got her something that she said she wanted (but I knew she would never buy for herself). The second birthday I gave her cash ($100). I figure unless you know she really wants something cash is always needed and appreciated.

hillview
07-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd be inclined to give her:
cash
GC to a restaurant or shop

AND something made by DC.
/hillary

stella
07-24-2008, 02:04 PM
We had a party for ours (during her work hours) and invited the mom and kids next door. We surprised her with a cake and flowers. And some $$. I think a restaurant GC is a nice idea.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-24-2008, 02:06 PM
I used to be a Nanny in the Bay Area. I usually got a GC for Nordstrom, my fav store. I got expensive jewelry on year, after four years and right before my wedding, where their eldest daughter was a B Maid. A GC for a spa would be nice, too. A card with a heartfelt thanks is appreciated. IF you are close to her and know her financial situation, and she isn't living paycheck to paycheck a GC is nice. Where does she usually shop, where does she get her hair done,etc.

HTH!

mikeys_mom
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
We've done a GC for a manicure/pedicure and jewelery (not at the same time).

mmsmom
07-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Ours also makes $500/week and we give her $100 cash w/ a nice card.

rds97
07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Same here - approx. same salary, and we do $100 cash. That's what she needs the most. Usually I will make some cookies and a handmade card (with photos of DS) as well.