PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

beckych
07-23-2008, 05:31 PM
We will be going to Disney for just two days this December (Dh has a conference there), and we're trying to decide if we want to go to this party on one of the nights.

Our girls will be 3 and 2.

I was thinking it would be so fun to do this, but then I just read some reviews, and I am not so sure anymore. Has anyone done it? Would you recommend it? Is it obnoxiously crowded?

Right now, I am really leaning towards not doing it, unless someone thinks it's a "must do" thing.

Thank you!!

fivi2
07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi - I haven't been, so I hope one of the experts will chime in, but I have been reading over at the Dis boards http://www.disboards.com/
because we are also going when they will be having the party. My dds are 2.5 and we will not be going to MVMCP. The park closes for those not going at 7:00 (on the day we are going) so my girls won't be up much longer than that anyway. And from what I hear it can get really crowded. So - no personal experience, but we won't be doing it! Maybe in a few years!

Momof3Labs
07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
It's an awfully late night for kids as young as yours, unless they are already night owls. If you do it, I would skip the parks during the day so that they aren't already worn out by the party (the parks are very tiring for young children, even if you stop and take a mid-day nap). You may have to get a late start the morning after the party, too, so the party would really end up limiting your daytime park time. I'd personally just do the parks during the day on such a short trip.

egoldber
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I think 3 and 2 are too young personally. In all the times we have been, we have never been to one of the parties. That being said, this year are doing MNSSHP. Sarah will be 7 and Amy will have just turned 2. But if Amy naps, then she doesn't go to bed until 10, so that should work out OK for us.