PDA

View Full Version : Need Goodbye Gift Ideas For Sitter

randomkid
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
DD has been going to this sitter (in-home DCP) for the past year. She will leave in August to start preK3. Because we haven't been there long, I'm not real sure of the sitter's likes and dislikes. Don't want to go the route of lotions, etc. I was thinking of something for her daycare - the older kids are all leaving for pre-K, so she will have infants and toddlers 2yo and under left there. I'd also like something personal for her - a picture that DD drew and something nice.

Any suggestions?

I was also thinking that the other Moms and I could get together to celebrate her in some way (the other 2 that are leaving have been there since they were infants). Ideas for this would also be helpful. I'd love it if we could all show up one day with flowers, gifts, etc and just have a little party for her, KWIM?

Thanks

ETA: Just to give some background. This woman has parties for every holiday (almost) and always invites the kids and families to come - Easter egg hunt, Halloween, Christmas, etc. She also has a few field trips each year. Previous kids are always invited to these events as well. I just feel she goes above and beyond for the kids and would like to show our appreciation.

kedss
07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
maybe get an apron that you and dd can paint together, and some art supplies?
or talk to the mothers and get her something together, maybe the other mothers know of something she would like for the kids?

or maybe bring a special lunch for her one day, or dinner?

elephantmeg
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I've done giftcards to starbucks-I figure anyone who chases kids all day long needs coffee!