PDA

View Full Version : Recliner recommendations for SHORT moms?

amldaley
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Any fellow shorties out there?

I am 5' 1" and I am looking for a good rocker/recliner recommendation. I am having a c-section and am happy to use that to justify a recliner purchase (for recovery purposes, of course)- but everything I have test sat in is huge and swallows me or I feel I have to "climb" out of it. And, yet...pocketbook friendly.

Any recommendations from short moms???? 5' 3" and under?

pb&j
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I feel your pain - I'm 5'2". I don't own a great chair, but test drove a few when we were sofa shopping a couple of years ago. Crate and Barrel had some that were much more to my scale. I LOVE the Oxford Apartment Sofa we got, b/c I can sit on it all the way back and can actually bend my knees and my feet touch the floor. I'm not sure what they have now, but if you have one nearby, it's definitely worth a "sit" on some of their chairs. Of course, a lot of their furniture takes weeks for delivery...

jgenie
07-25-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm 5" - I bought a Best Recliner and ottoman - "Peyton" from the Storybook Line. If you do a search for retailers you might be able to find a store that has one on the salesfloor that you could test drive. I absolutely love mine! I used it with a small pillow for the first few weeks, but now I don't need one. Good luck!

Christyscmh
07-28-2008, 08:44 AM
In addition, Best Chairs Storybook Series also offers a few other smaller gliders other than the Peyton including the Patoka and the Nava.