PDA

View Full Version : Bookstores in Canada? Breaking Dawn release question

Emmas Mom
07-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a sister in law who is (like me) a HUGE Twilight series fan. Well she called tonight & said she's going to be in Montreal on August 2nd & is wondering what the big bookstores are there so she can go out & buy the book. I know we have lots of resident Canadians so ladies help me out here. And if any of you are Twilight fans please let me know if there are any midnight parties in the Montreal area so I can tell her. Thanks! :)

MontrealMum
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry that I don't have any idea what Twilight is, but the major English bookstores here in Montreal are all owned by the same company - ChaptersIndigo. Here is the link to the store locator: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/storelocator

Basically, stores in this group are either called Chapters, Indigo, or Coles. They all merged some years back. There aren't as many English stores as you'd expect for a city of this size because 80% of the population is French-speaking. Chapters and Indigo are the bigger stores (think Barnes & Noble) and Coles is much smaller. The first two are the ones that would be likely to have a book launch event. Check around on their website. There are a number of smaller, independant English stores, but I figured it would be easier for your sister to deal with the big ones.

Also, stores have VERY funny hours here in Montreal. Generally, M-W hours are 10-6, late hours are Thurs/Fri - until 9, and Sat is usually 10-5, and Sun is 12-5. *Some* big stores (like the Indigo downtown IIRC) might be open later M-W, but I'm not certain. Very strict labor laws here. I'd tell your sister to call the particular store she wants to go to in order to make certain that they're open.

Let me know if you have more questions :)

ETA: I did some searching on the chapters website and found this list of participating stores. I think that this must be the right book. http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Breaking-Dawn-midnight-store-events/BD_storelisting-promonb.html All 4 stores listed under Quebec are in the Montreal area. I don't know where your SIL is staying, 3 of the stores will likely involve a car, and Chapters on Ste.-Catherine is downtown. HTH

Emmas Mom
07-25-2008, 11:44 AM
That's it! Thank you! :D I don't know where she's staying either but I will pass the link along to her & hopefully she can find one nearby. :signthankspin: