PDA

View Full Version : How much do you tip for dc haircut?

mdb78
07-25-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm planning on bringing dd to get her first haircut tomorrow. Just a trim to get the sides and back more even. Still thinking about the getting the bangs trimmed. I love how they side sweep, but when they don't cooperate her hair looks so messy.

kijip
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Back when we took T for haircuts out of the house, my tips were correlated tightly to the amount of hell my son caused in the shop. Not less than $4-5 I would think but I usually gave a fair bit more than that because he was inconsolable during the cuts. The 3-4 times were so darn bad, we just started all but shaving his head at home with my husband's clippers. :)

kransden
07-25-2008, 02:23 AM
The same amount I tip for mine 15 -20% or $2.00 whichever is greater. I would tip more if dd misbehaved, but she is wonderful at the salon.

new_mommy25
07-25-2008, 04:15 AM
DS's cut always costs $12+tax, and I leave $15. If I have the change I'll cover the tax. DS is really well behaved and I take him to a barber shop and not one of those kiddie places (we went to one and the haircut was terrible!). I usually tip my stylist 20% or more depending on the season so I think what I leave is pretty good.

mdb78
07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks! I wasn't sure if the 15% rule should also apply to kid haircuts as well. Hopefully she'll be good and not try to grab the scissors! :)