PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mac twin techno/triumph owners...help please!

tmarie
07-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Is it difficult and/or annoying to steer the Mac twins with the two handle steering? I was really hoping to find a twin stroller with one hand steering, but I keep coming back to the Mac.

Also, I'm having trouble finding the width of the Mac twin techno. Does it truly fit through doors? Besides vacationing and trips to the zoo, etc..., I need it for mall shopping with a 3yo and newborn.

I'm also looking at the BJCMD and P&Tw/doubles kit.

TIA!!

tmarie

HIU8
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I have a Mac Twin Rally which I believe is pre Twin Techno (it is from 2003). It was given to me from someone who was done using it. I use it only when I absolutely have to. I cannot do one handed steering. It is really a bear to push with a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old in it. It does fit through doors, but just barely. On the other hand, it isn't tippy when putting a diaper bag on the handles and when the seats are not reclined (there are 2 positions only) I can get a lot in those tiny baskets. I, however, would not have spent money on this stroller after having used the one I have. I do love my Mac Quest though and have none of the steering or other issues with it.

I have a BJCSD that I use for the neighborhood, and I would use it for other things, but it is just so cumbersome to deal with. If they have the BJCMD out when I really needed it, I would have bought that one.

tmarie
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks so much for your reply! So, if I understand you, you would recommend the BJCMD OVER the Mac? The BJ is easier to push?

TIA!!

mamaoftwins
07-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I have a Mac Twin Triumph (new, 2008 version) and I can definitely steer one-handed, as long as I'm not on gravel or something like that. For stores, regular paved streets or sidewalks, even grass, one-handed is not hard. My guys are less than 20lbs each, so I can't say that this will still be easy once they get bigger. Mine also fits through all doors, but there's really little room to spare.

I know several people with the BJCMD, and they all love it. I liked the smaller fold of the Mac Triumph and it's cheaper, so I went with that. The hoods on the BJCMD are way better than the skimpy Mac hoods.

HIU8
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't have the city mini. I have the city series. It's bigger, but still much easier to push than my 5 year old Mac Rally. DS is 30 lbs and DD is 25 lbs, so the stroller for me is very heavy to push. I don't mind using it in malls, but I won't use it outdoors for outings. I have no experience though with the newer Mac Twins. If I needed a double for things I would be getting the city mini hands down b/c I just love my city series for outdoors. The hood cover extremely well (the Mac hoods stink) and both DS and DD are very comfortable in the seats (in the Mac Rally they look a bit squished actually). The stroller was a good deal for me b/c it was free from a friend, but I would be thinking twice before spending $$ on it myself. FWIW, I spent $$ on the city series b/c it met more of my needs for outings, fitness walks etc...

HTH