PDA

View Full Version : Measles?

fantasmic81
07-26-2008, 01:27 AM
so-my son had a sores in the back of his throat and really really high fevers for 3 days. so my doc said it was hands foot and mouth disease. yesterday and today- he has a rash of small tiny bumps all over his stomach, back, forehead, and the sides of his face. you really cant see the bumps unless you take him in the light, but you can definatly feel them. so i take him back to the doc- she tells me now that it could be roseola and that there is a slight chance it may be measles!!!!!!!!!!! he has not been vaccinated yet. now im kindof freaking out. he is so miserable- he wont eat or drink and he is definatly in pain. i feel like my doc isnt giving me a straight answer. AND i just found out this week that i am pregnant- which also makes me nervous if he does have measles. has anyone experienced a child with measles- or does it sound more like roseola. i looked them up in the internet and i just dont know why he would have sores in the back of his mouth if it was roseola.

schums
07-27-2008, 02:58 PM
The sores in his mouth could be from hand foot & mouth. That's a common part of the disease. The rash could be from the high fever (roseola), and will go away on it's own. Have you been immunized for measles? If so, you're find -- your immunity will protect the baby.