PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Babykicks OS fitteds?

kijip
07-27-2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.babykicks.com/store/product/true-onesize-fitted-hemp-pocket-diaper-1029.cfm

I am thinking of getting some fitteds for the new baby and wondered if anyone had any experience with these? I will likely get some Kissaluvs 0 but these were not out when T was a baby so I have never seen them. We liked the Babykicks prefolds pretty well as stuffers for pockets.

I bought 5 dozen prefolds and 25 prowap covers (varying sizes for both the covers and the dipes) off craigslist for a super duper low price ($75) but want to add some fitteds for the newborn stage.

american_mama
08-02-2008, 01:11 AM
I haven't heard of these despite reading diaperswappers.com pretty regularly during the last 9ish months while buying DS's newborn stash. I would be leery of a hemp fitted because of stiffness, but the description says they've addressed that. Still, a one-size diaper is by definition going to be used a lot in the diapering years and hemp might retain some odors more than other materials.

There are many new one-size diapers now, although most are pockets. Happy Heiny, Haute Pockets, Baby Kangas, Tiny Tush Elite, Mommy's Touch, bumGenius, plus more. I think there are a fair number of one-size fitteds too, but I am not familiar with the names. If you wanted to avoid hemp, I think you could find one-size alternatives.

kijip
08-03-2008, 01:35 AM
I haven't heard of these despite reading diaperswappers.com pretty regularly during the last 9ish months while buying DS's newborn stash. I would be leery of a hemp fitted because of stiffness, but the description says they've addressed that. Still, a one-size diaper is by definition going to be used a lot in the diapering years and hemp might retain some odors more than other materials.

There are many new one-size diapers now, although most are pockets. Happy Heiny, Haute Pockets, Baby Kangas, Tiny Tush Elite, Mommy's Touch, bumGenius, plus more. I think there are a fair number of one-size fitteds too, but I am not familiar with the names. If you wanted to avoid hemp, I think you could find one-size alternatives.
Good point about hemp- the memory of stinky hemp has faded some since we have not diapered in 2 and 1/2 years! I might try one just to check it out (must be pretty darn new). But I also am scouting out some loveybums for fitteds. I think I am going to avoid pockets like fuzzi bunz and bumgenius till the baby is a bit older.

MommyAllison
08-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I haven't tried those, but I have one MMOSF (Mosaic Moon One Size Fits Most) fitted (mine is by Pattynaps) and we really really like it. They have newborn MM dipes too. www.hyenacart.com/mosaicmoondiapers It is the old Pinhead OS fitted pattern - she sold it to Morwenna.

kboyle
08-05-2008, 12:08 AM
i don't remember the reviews, but have heard about it on DS w/in the past year. i *almost* tried one, but didn't as ern gets bad eczema in the diaper area when we use fitteds w/o stay dry. i do like that they have a pocket to add absorbancy :)

for nb fitteds i'd just stick with xs sandies...easy to get, affordable, always on diaperswappers :)

i also LOVED the SEZ xs fitteds...seriously teeny & perfect for a nb.

hmm...what else did i use on ernie?

oh, i got some custom fitteds from My Precious Baby by April...all velour and fit perfectly...great absorbancy.

saschalicks
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Kristine,
Where do you get SEZ's? This will be my first time CDing a newborn. I started way late w/DS2, so I need to get to know newborn fitteds.

Puddy73
08-06-2008, 11:12 AM
They aren't technically one-size but we have two small Samuel fitteds from Jen at Mom and Me that DS wore for almost a year. They are hemp, but we never had a stink problem with them and they held up beautifully. I know Jen is taking a break right now, but you might be able to find some on Diaperswappers. I also have a Cuddlebuns fitted that was adverstised as one size but was waaay too bulky for a newborn. I don't think we really used it until around 9 months and my kiddos were big.

kboyle
08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Kristine,
Where do you get SEZ's? This will be my first time CDing a newborn. I started way late w/DS2, so I need to get to know newborn fitteds.

sorry candice just saw this...SEZ= snap-ez :) http://www.snap-ez.com/CartPocketNB.html

eta: ruth doesn't make fitteds anymore...i had gotten pocket fitteds from diaperswappers and loved them :) but i mainly had the nb & sm fleece pockets, i love the fit of SEZ