PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Carriers deal?

brianaw
07-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I want to buy a ergo carrier and was wondering if any of you have found good (recent) deals?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jennajbug
07-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Check out thebabywearer.com you might be able to find a near new one in FSOT forum! :-)

BabyChick
08-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Check out Bedbathandbeyond.com. They only offer the ERGO carrier and Infant Insert (if needed) in the Black/Camel color. The retails are $104.99 and $24.99, respectively. Apply the 20% BedBath&Beyond coupon (if available) and save $$.

As the carrier was only available for purchase on-line, I called the store locally and placed a "special order" so that I could get the 20% discount (note: BB&B applied the 20% discount over the phone without requesting to verify the coupon. I didn't see any specfic code on the coupon to begin with).

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I ordered my Ergo Carrier from Baby Center for $105 with Free shipping and if you use fatwallet.com you can get 4% back.

http://store.babycenter.com/product/code/7932.do?intcmp=Store_Contentsite_Global_Search&pn=Search%20results

mollys_mommy
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
we got ours thru ebates and babycenter.com about 2 months ago for $82 shipped. there was some weird $10 return credit in the cart, but it applied to our order. they have coupon codes a lot for that store. or look on craigslist if you want a used one. some people around me find they don't like it and get as gifts so they unload them for less $. not, of course, when i was looking. LOL

frugalmom
08-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Check out Bedbathandbeyond.com. They only offer the ERGO carrier and Infant Insert (if needed) in the Black/Camel color. The retails are $104.99 and $24.99, respectively. Apply the 20% BedBath&Beyond coupon (if available) and save $$.

As the carrier was only available for purchase on-line, I called the store locally and placed a "special order" so that I could get the 20% discount (note: BB&B applied the 20% discount over the phone without requesting to verify the coupon. I didn't see any specfic code on the coupon to begin with).

Wow good idea. I had no idea they sold ergo

What do you think is better ergo or beco?

BabyChick
08-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Wow good idea. I had no idea they sold ergo

What do you think is better ergo or beco?

I just bought the ERGO last month and I've been trying to get my 10-week old son used to being in it front carry facing me. He prefers facing outward. We're taking a trip to Hawaii next week so I hope the Ergo works out during the plane ride. I like that the weight limit is up to 40 lbs. as we'll get great use out of it in the future as a hip and back carry carrier.

Not familiar with the Beco carrier. I just noticed on the web that the Beco Butterfly is on sale at various on-line stores. $99 at ThePortableBaby.com, $109 - $129 (free shipping) at EuphoriaMaternity.com.

I just heard about the Pikkolo (front inward facing, front outward facing, hip and back carry). Weight range is 8 - 40 lbs. It retails for $129. I saw it for $125 at ThePortableBaby.com but it's temporarily sold out.

brianaw
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
THank you ladies for the info. Im trying to find codes for babycenter. I was going to do BB&B but they are sold out!

I liked the ergo over the other choices because the others remind me a lot of mei teis, and i already have a few of those. I wanted to try a different style. And not to mention, something with good padding!

Thank you again... I will keep looking.

asha
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM

If you have a discover card and have some cash back dollars, you can use that for a 20% discount on gift cards to the BBB. That takes about 3-5 days in the mail though. Then, you can do the special order and still be able to use the 20% off coupon. That will give you a considerable discount.

firsttimemama
08-05-2008, 07:18 PM
my knowledgeable babywearing friends who prefer beco to ergo do so because they are petite women and they find the beco fits them better. one described it as the ergo straps are too wide/bulky on her. that said I'm petite-average (5'4, pretty narrow shoulders and about 120) and I like my ergo fine. I think I just got used to the straps. But I have never tried a beco

also, my beco-friends prefer the older editions of the beco not the newer style (which I think is butterfly?)