PDA

View Full Version : going to the lake-should we stay the night?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
07-27-2008, 07:56 PM
It's a 2-3 hour drive depending on how many potty breaks we take. We plan to go down for the whole day,play on the beach and maybe fish. After all this I'm anticipating that the family will be pretty tired. The state park has cabins with electricity,a/c,running water and indoor toilets for $90 per night. I'm trying to decide whether to stay the night or not.

What would you do?

deannanb
07-27-2008, 08:08 PM
How far is the cabin from the beach? would it be a good place for the kids (and you) to nap in the middle of the day when tired?

I would spend the money to have a place to relax and not feel rushed to go home.

buddyleebaby
07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
I would drive home because I never rest well away from home, and I would rather make the drive at night (when the girls are likely to sleep after a long day) than in the morning.

ThreeofUs
07-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd probably stay the night, and have a place to stash all our stuff during the day we were playing outside. Sounds like fun!

KpbS
07-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I'd stay overnight. That way your day can stretch into 2 (if you have the vacation time) and it will be extra memorable for the kids. Have fun!