PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer help for first time mom!

Mrs. O
07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
I am soon expecting my first baby and need some advice on bouncers. I registered for the Eddie Bauer Soothing Comfort Bouncette, but now I am seeing some really bad reviews. Can anyone recommed a good bouncer? It looks like I can expect a big baby...Do I need a bouncer at all? Please help!

WatchingThemGrow
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
You'll need something for them to sit in. We got the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker, and it was fun to bring it back out after a little while as a rocker. DD LOVES it, and DS can use it too! Our 2nd hand bouncy seat was used for a few months, then went into the attic to stay.

new_mommy25
07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I really liked the Fisher Price bouncy. I had one for each of my children. Each time I bought the bare bones model because that's all you really need. In the beginning you just take the toy bar off when you put them in. It's outgrown pretty quickly (which is why it's not worth it to spend too much) when they can sit up. Both my children preferred the bouncy over the swing when they were infants and it gave me a place to put them down for a few minutes when I needed to get things done. My DD also took a lot of naps in the bouncy because she had reflux and needed to be more upright.

http://tinyurl.com/6gk59z
http://tinyurl.com/5msh5t

SnuggleBuggles
07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
We have gotten a ton of use out of our bouncy seats with both boys. I have 2. For ds1 we kept one by our bedside and he would sleep in there if we needed some extra sleep. :) For ds2 we kept the 2nd one in the kitchen and he would hang out in there while I cooked/ cleaned. The primary one stayed in the family room and he napped, hung out, etc in there. The one we had in the kitchen this time around had sound effects and lights and he enjoyed that. The other one was just vibration with a clip on mobile. I prefer Fisher Price ones b/c the incline is really good. I like ones that don't have auto shut off on the vibrate feature.

Beth

sue_g
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
We had the Fisher Price Aquarium Bouncer and really liked it. I am not sure if they still make that exact one, but maybe they have a similar one out now.

mamaoftwins
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I just posted in Multiples about bouncers, but I hope this will help you, too! We have two Fisher-Price bouncers ...

We have two of their bouncers, the Rainforest one and the Playful Puppy one (the puppy one I ordered direct from FP). Our guys slept in those a lot for the first 3 months or so. We still use them - they are great for calming as well as putting the kids in something somewhat entertaining while you're cooking or something like that. Our guys spit-up a lot as well (that has decreased considerably in the last month or so!), so I liked having them in those chairs for a little while after meals, so that they were reclined a bit and didn't have pressure on their bellies that they would with sitting and crawling around, if this makes sense. But *sigh* we are fast approaching the limits of the seats by weight and by the boys attempting to get out of them, so they will have to be retired soon. These bouncers were perhaps the most useful and most used pieces of baby gear we bought, so I'm sad to see them go.