PDA

View Full Version : 4yr. old and new baby

mecawa
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I have question to anyone out there who has ever had a 4 year old when they had a newborn. Did you bother getting a double stroller or just a single? My daughter is four and we are expecting #2, she doesn't have much interest in being pushed in a stroller anymore(very independent), so I had decided just to buy a new single stroller suitable for a newborn. However, we were recently on vacation and DD was in the stroller for the majority of the time, which got me thinking that maybe I should get a double. I was seriously considering a Baby Jogger City Series, or Valco Trimode (?), these I notice have or will have a toddler jumpseat available soon but by looking at it, it is going to be way to small for a 4 yr. old (she is in the 90% for height, and 25% for weight). I then looked at the boards that can be attatched to the back, but have never used one so I have no idea if they actually work well or not. So if you have ever had a 4 yr. old and newborn at the same time, what did you do for a stroller, and what would your advice be to me? Thanks!!!!!!:)

HIU8
07-28-2008, 03:10 PM
With DD and DS I have a BJCSD for walks outside. For the mall and quick trips I have a Maclaren Rally (from 2003). However, now at 3.5 DS rarely rides in the stroller. He will in the mall and on walks. Otherwise he just walks beside me or rides on the back of the stroller. If DD were a newborn I would probably be getting a sit n stand or joovy caboose for random everyday use and still have the baby jogger for my fitness walks/run.