PDA

View Full Version : Need stroller advice for a friend

chicagojo
07-28-2008, 03:08 PM
My friends jokingly call me "stroller queen" (I tell them "you have no idea...") and ask me for stroller advice but this request has me stumped, especially since I've been out of the single stroller market for a few years now, so I thought I'd pass it along to the true experts: a friend of a friend is paraplegic and uses a wheelchair. He and his wife are currently expecting their first baby. They are hoping to find a stroller that he will be able to push fairly easily while also pushing his wheelchair. His wife is on the shorter side (around 5 feet tall) but apparently they have family members ranging in height up to 6'5" so I'm thinking maximum handlebar adjustability and easy one-handed steering are probably the key features. They live in an elevator building and have plenty of space, so size/fold/storage are not so much issues. They have a very flexible budget. Any thoughts? Especially if anyone out there knows anyone who uses a wheelchair and strolls with a baby, your input in terms of specific models or other important features to look for would be very helpful!