PDA

View Full Version : silly q re: toilet seats and rentals

blisstwins
07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
If you rent or have rented and your toilet seat cover broke would you expect your landlord to replace this? Do you usually change the seat when you move into a place?

nov04
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
We usually replace ours when we move in because its already worn-out looking. It's not something I would expect the landlord to deal with. Then again, I'm particular with weird stuff like that. I might be completely off-base.

mdb78
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
We changed our toilet seat when we rented. Like pp, we're particular with that kind of stuff too.

o_mom
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Technically, it would be their responsibility. For $10-20 toilet seat, however, it would not be worth my time to wait around for them to fix it when I could have it done in an hour (including driving to and from the store).

MamaMolly
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
$4.99 white plastic from Kmart. Good enough for the purpose it serves ;)

tarabenet
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Technically, it would be their responsibility. For $10-20 toilet seat, however, it would not be worth my time to wait around for them to fix it when I could have it done in an hour (including driving to and from the store).

Same here! New ones are cheap and you can choose the style you like. A landlord will definitely go with whatever is the cheapest, period.

When I owned rental property, I never thought to change that out for new tenants. I would have changed it only if it was in bad shape.

We replace ours here at home every so often, just because it "feels" so clean and nice to do it. It is a very easy job -- totally DIY.