PDA

View Full Version : Options - Natural Diaper Covers

milesmom
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
If I want natural diaper covers, no poly, no PUL, I could use wool and have heard rumors of hemp and bamboo covers but haven't been able to find much. Any advice on where to find hemp or bamboo covers (assuming they exist)? Any other materials I am overlooking?

Thanks!

JBaxter
07-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Hemp and bamboo are not cover material. If you go with totally natural then you are pretty much limited to wool.

alirebco
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, if you want natural fibers for covers than wool is your only option. A lot of people go coverless too especially when their baby is mobile and just change when they get wet.

I have a few interlock soakers and love them! I got most of them off of hyenacart - Wild Child Woolies, Luxe, and Woolybottoms. I also have a Kiwi Pie Peel from Montana's Diaper Store.

Puddy73
07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Go with wool - it really isn't that scary. I was initially put off by the handwashing recommendations, but found that I could just wash them in my front loader with no problems (I used Imse Vimse or AngelBabies wool covers). I just sprayed them with lanolin every week or so.

kijip
07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Aristocrats and Loveybums (loveybums are hard to find in stock) are good wool covers, especially for nights. I am going to try out Luxe covers this time around. There are hemp and bamboo diapers but covers are going to be plastic, PUL, fleece or wool. I used wool with our son but ended up preferring PUL in the daytime because it was drier and trimmer in active play than wool IME. We mostly used wool for night. Be sure to learn wool care and lanolin use for your wool covers.

american_mama
08-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I believe there is one cover called Cott'n Wrap that is 100% cotton, but it's been treated with Teflon to be waterproof. So not too natural there.

http://www.zoombabygear.com/catalog.htm?item=202