PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Restuarant.com??? Input appreciated!

Mikey0709
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Is it worth it??? Anything I'm missing??? Thanks for your help!

WatchingThemGrow
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
You can use one per month per restaurant, and you have to follow the "rules" listed. We love them and give them as little thank you gifts occasionally. Be sure to use the coupon codes 50-60% off is normally one they run. There was a 70% off floating around last week that I combined with the daily double at ebates which gave back 30% of what you spent. That was a pretty good deal.

We've enjoyed them at lots of favorite restaurants in our area. Oh, and the restaurants change, so if you see a favorite, it may be best to buy several to use over time.

Jacksmommy2b
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I love them and have used them many times with no problems at all.

Like the PP said - make sure you get the extra code to get the $25 ones for like $3 or $4.

You have to follow the rules - which are different with each restuarant, but make sure you read each one well and you won't have any problems.I also love the idea of trying new places on the cheap. Even if you end up not fond of the place at least you're not out much for it!

My favorite one is for $25 off a $35 at a great family italian place. Where else can you get an awesome dinner for the whole family for $10 and tip?

Oh, and if you have upromise you can go throught them too, and get a piece put in your kid's college savings!

msmouse523
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I love them too and highly recommend getting them, especially with the coupon codes!

wcminiati
07-31-2008, 02:53 AM
For the most part, I've had favorable experiences with restaurants.com. Recently though, I tried to use a certificate and was told that the restaurant had backed out, so we had to pay full price for our dinner. I haven't tried contacting restaurants.com to see if they will refund my purchase, since the certificates I bought became invalid. Kind of annoyed that I had to spend so much on dinner, unexpectedly!

Mikey0709
07-31-2008, 06:18 AM
Thank you everyone! I have the option of cashing in some frequent flyer miles that are really old for them. (either restuarant.com or magazine subscriptions)... so i will give this a try!!! Thanks for your replies!!!

WatchingThemGrow
07-31-2008, 08:08 AM
The discounts are so deep buying the certificates online. I'd be more inclined to get magazine subscriptions as gifts and just spend $3-4 each for the certificates. JMO

Mikey0709
07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Great thought...i didn't realize HOW cheap the certificates are online! Thanks again!

Cam&Clay
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Where do you find the codes to get the $25 certificates for $3 or $4?

Thanks!

Susan
DS1 10/98
DS2 12/07

supercalifragilous
07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
The code for the 70% was CRAVE but I don't remember when it expires.

I read that not all restaurants honor multiple coupons on the same day. For instance, if you buy four $25 coupons, you might only be able to use one per visit/month instead of redeeming $100 on one visit. Just something to keep in mind or call the restaurant about before you buy. If it's an expensive restaurant, you'd still be spending a lot of money if you can only use one GC. The one I was looking at averages ~$200/couple so $25 wouldn't be much (even though something is better than nothing).

quinnsmom
07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
When we lived downtown we used them ALL the time. We bought a bunch last fall and paid $3 and $5 for each coupon. $5 for a $25 credit for your dinner (must have a bill of at least $35 w/o tip and tax) is an amazing deal. And we paid $3 for all of our $10 credits. We got into a routine where we could go out once a week to a different restaurant each time and use a restaurants.com coupon.

Although since we have moved to the suburbs we rarely use them as the restaurants around here aren't affiliated with restaurants.com I highly recommend them - they are a great way to save money! Just make sure to look at the restrictions for each restaurant. For example - One place where we liked to go to out to breakfast a lot wouldn't allow use of the coupon until after breakfast hours.

WatchingThemGrow
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
The code for the 70% was CRAVE but I don't remember when it expires.

I read that not all restaurants honor multiple coupons on the same day. For instance, if you buy four $25 coupons, you might only be able to use one per visit/month instead of redeeming $100 on one visit. Just something to keep in mind or call the restaurant about before you buy. If it's an expensive restaurant, you'd still be spending a lot of money if you can only use one GC. The one I was looking at averages ~$200/couple so $25 wouldn't be much (even though something is better than nothing).

Right. I didn't think you could EVER use more than one per rest. per month from the same account and from each group of diners.

One of the nicer restaurants in our area has $100 certificates, so that's what you'd use in that case. All this talk makes me want to plan a date night and use up some of the ones in my stash that are near expiration.