PDA

View Full Version : Hey! What's Shakin"?

ilfaith
07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Just wanted to check on all the moms in the Los Angeles area. Hope everyone's okay out there.

elektra
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
All good here. I was at home on a conference call with people from Portland ( I work from home) and it was funny because we stayed on the call and they just sorted of waited it out while I was slightly freaking out and deciding on whether or not I needed to dive for the doorway.
My first instinct was to grab DD, but it took a second to realize that she wasn't even home but was at the park with her babysitter. Duh.
And then I was able to stay on my call but after I hung up 30 or so minutes later, I wasn't able to make any new calls for about an hour.
But nothing fell down and even though the shaking got my heart racing, it wasn't as scary or violent as some of the quakes I've felt. 5.8 is considered "moderate".
My brother who works in LA, said that everyone bailed from his office and ran outside.

niccig
07-29-2008, 07:07 PM
We were at the YMCA. I was in the shower and DS was in babysitting. I didn't notice it - I don't know how as everyone I've talked to has talked about the jolting. All I can say is that there was nothing to move in the shower stall - tiled small cubicle with shower curtain. DS was fine, but is now asking a million questions about how the earth moves. I explained and now he wants to get a bigger shovel so he can dig in the ground to find the fault line.