PDA

View Full Version : TMI and a low pregnancy point.

kijip
07-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I do my kegels. Really, I do.

So I ran to the bathroom because dinner was not staying down and it was one of those violent, repeated bursts of vomiting. Felt awful.

Then I felt worse. How?

I totally wet my pants at the same time. :oops:

The toilet was after all, in use. ;)

I was a 28 year old woman dripping wet with splashes of regurgitated Chinese dinner all over my shirt and actually in my hair, which I was unable to grab all of it in time. (Now I understand why so many pregnant women chop off their long hair).

Bless my husband for cleaning up the awful mess...both *me* and the bathroom. He helped me out of my clothes and into the shower (different bathroom) and then tackled the downstairs bathroom.

Wife_and_mommy
07-29-2008, 11:52 PM
:hug: Ugh. You poor dear.:sick:

Fyi, I figured out with DD to use Solo sposie cups. I carried them around with me like they were an appendage. Once they were used, I'd toss it and replace. It was nice having the cup easily and quickly accessible. I wouldn't have ever made it to the toilet. It's also nice not having to bend down to reach the bowl, esp. if it's not your own. (insert barfing smilie)

My sickness went away around week 22 for my longer one. Hopefully yours will leave *SOON*. hugs

Happy 2B mommy
07-30-2008, 12:23 AM
You poor thing. Your post made me smile, though.

While pg with DD I was so sick and also often had diarrhea (all the other expecting moms complained of constipation. To become constipated was actually a sort of fantasy for me...) I distinctly remember one night sitting on the toilet, trying to be discreet about the intestinal rebellion going on, and a huge wave of nausea hit. My only option was to turn my head to the right and vomit into the bathtub.

I had my hair cut the next day.

BTW, your DH is a sweetie. I was stuck cleaning the tub up after myself.

Hope things get better.

gatorsmom
07-30-2008, 12:46 AM
I do my kegels. Really, I do.

So I ran to the bathroom because dinner was not staying down and it was one of those violent, repeated bursts of vomiting. Felt awful.

Then I felt worse. How?

I totally wet my pants at the same time. :oops:

The toilet was after all, in use. ;)

I was a 28 year old woman dripping wet with splashes of regurgitated Chinese dinner all over my shirt and actually in my hair, which I was unable to grab all of it in time. (Now I understand why so many pregnant women chop off their long hair).

Bless my husband for cleaning up the awful mess...both *me* and the bathroom. He helped me out of my clothes and into the shower (different bathroom) and then tackled the downstairs bathroom.

Your husband deserves an award. He is a rarity among men. I'm just so very impressed.

Hope you feel better very soon. hugs.

saschalicks
07-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Katie,
I'm so sorry! I have been lucky enough not to do the prayer to the porcelain g-d yet, but on the other had the extreme fatigue has left me bedridden. My DH like yours is my new hero taking care of EVERYTHING! I think there is a special place in the karma world for them. Feel better soon!

kedss
07-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Big hugs, Katie-

elizabethkott
07-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Ohhhhh... (((((hugs))))).

You now have wonderful fodder for those teenage screaming matches:
"Do you know what I went through when I was pregnant with YOU?! And THIS is how you repay me?!"

:D

trales
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
This happen to me at a friends house, at least she was a good friend. I was on the toilet with the diahrea and then barfed all over her bathroom about 10 times. I was covered in it all and crying. She gave my DH a bunch of cleaning supplies and gave me some new clothes.

I did manage to sit back down at the dinner party and have dinner again. Oh, did I mention there were other couples there.

bethie_73
07-30-2008, 08:47 AM
I feel your pain and I hope your are finally feeling somewhat better.

I remember vomiting and diarrhea on my honeymoon, I knew DH was a keeper when he helped clean up (and quite a few times since then). :)

lizajane
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
ok, you have to hear my best friend's hilarious story... just be ready to laugh and pee...

first of all, she had a "tee tee" towel in every bathroom. as soon as she went in to puke (about 10 times each day) she shoved the towel down her pants so she would pee on it and not her pants. use an infant prefold!!! if you need one, i will mail you some. HONESTLY. i will mail you some. you can email me your addy.

so here is the story: (and her name is even katy.)

so katy was so nauseated, she couldn't eat anything. but in ice cold smoothie sounded ok, so she drove all the way to the mall to get a hagen daaz fruit smoothie. but when she got out of the car in the parking lot, a sudden wave of nausea hit her like a ton of bricks. so she ran to the closest "dirt" area off the parking lot, of the mall, where she immediately started to vomit. now, of course, she was wearing sweatpants/tee shirt as she felt horrible all the time and was not up to dressing nicely. important for later. so as she violently vomited in the mall parking lot on a tiny patch of dirt, she (without he safety of a tee tee towel!) completly wet her pants. so she is in the mall parking lot, throwing up, peeing in her pants and some woman started to walk by, saw what she could only assume was a drunk homeless woman puking at the mall and grabbed her kids and RAN away in the other direction. so my friend has to get back into her car, covered in pee and puke and drive all the way home WITHOUT her smoothie.

trentsmom
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
I discovered a few months ago that due to stress incontinence (thanks DS), I pee when I puke. It took a few seconds to figure out why my pants were so warm! I hope I never get sick in a public place! I think I will take the advice of PP and put a diaper in my pants next time.

Katie, I hope the puke & pee thing was just a one time occurence for you. And I hope you start feeling better soon.

g-mama
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Oh, I so hear you on this one. I wet my pants *every* time I puke, too. During my second and third pregnancies, where I puked multiple times a day up through about 22 weeks, I peed through so many pants and cleaned my bathroom so many times....

Even now if I am going to have a big sneeze, I have to stop walking and stand with my legs tightly together or I'll wet my pants. Ugh.

I used to think that having had three c-sections would have saved me from the urinary incontinence, but apparently it doesn't matter how you deliver.

ThreeofUs
07-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

FWIW, for the 1st 4.5 months of this pregnancy, I was as sick as I have ever been. If I moved from the couch, I had to run to the bathroom. (A real joy, and a frequent occurrence with an active 3 year old!)

After the first time of throwing up my toenails, and leaking (even though I do kegels, too!), I started wearing a pad in my undies to catch any leaks. Possibly TMI, but I feel your pain!

Btw, great DH you have! When you're sick, there's nothing like a loving helping hand.

casey0729
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, my youngest just turned one and we bought a trampoline for my oldest for his birthday. I jumped up and down on it and realized, I cannot hold much in STILL!! So, no more jumping for Mom. I never thought that I'd have to start bracing myself when I sneezed. Do they have an express kegels plan I could follow? Hey, there'd be a great infomerical ... yes, you too can have super strong vaginal muscles in just 6 days! It's the Kegelizer! And people in the background could be doing their exercises and chanting Vagina!

Hey, I think I just came up with a huge moneymaker!

Okay, I will stop typing now.

Moneypenny
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Awww, that sounds miserable. I decided to ignore any pregnancy Chinese food cravings after two incidents gone horribly wrong. I still can't really eat Chinese food.

I never had the peeing issue, but I vomited and had nosebleeds for the entire pregnancy, so it was not unusual for me to be puking while stuffing wads of toilet paper in my nostrils to try to stop the nosebleeds. I traumatized poor DH who happened to wander into the bathroom one morning to check on me and found me wet, naked and puking (had to get out of the shower quickly) with the toilet paper stuck up my nose and still attached to the roll on the wall! Fun times!

I hope you are feeling better soon, Katie!

elizabethkott
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, my youngest just turned one and we bought a trampoline for my oldest for his birthday. I jumped up and down on it and realized, I cannot hold much in STILL!! So, no more jumping for Mom. I never thought that I'd have to start bracing myself when I sneezed. Do they have an express kegels plan I could follow? Hey, there'd be a great infomerical ... yes, you too can have super strong vaginal muscles in just 6 days! It's the Kegelizer! And people in the background could be doing their exercises and chanting Vagina!

OMG, this could TOTALLY work! For a bit of "flair", perhaps the chant should be "scheide" - makes it seem a little more legit.
There could be a whole DVD series - The Kegelizer for those TTC... The Kegelizer for pregnant women... The Kegelizer for post partum... The Kegelizer for post menopausal women...
I'm totally envisioning a yoga-like setting, with women in purple leotards with pink tights (I don't know why), doing The Kegelizer patented, time tested and proven series of exercises in a variety of poses...
Awe. Some.

dcmom2b3
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
OMG, this could TOTALLY work! For a bit of "flair", perhaps the chant should be "scheide" - makes it seem a little more legit.

And it's two syllables -- goes with the beat of the Kegel better . . . contract, release . . . .

Katie, you are so not alone; hope you're feeling better.

Puddy73
07-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Big hugs! I hope that you are feeling better. I too have learned that Poise pads are not just for Grandma anymore. DS followed me into the bathroom last week and asked if needed a new diaper.

Clarity
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Awww, that could happen to anyone. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful husband. I *think* mine would have been the challenge..but I'll let him know I've found the gold standard.

maestramommy
07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
:hug::hug: Good man, your dh!

kijip
07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Do they have an express kegels plan I could follow? Hey, there'd be a great infomerical ... yes, you too can have super strong vaginal muscles in just 6 days! It's the Kegelizer! And people in the background could be doing their exercises and chanting Vagina!

:ROTFLMAO:Well this is currently sold for $84 a pop so someone has beat you to the punch:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h204/kijip/kegel.jpg

It is called the Kegelcisor and is used in medicine and sex therapy. Also available at your local woman owned sex toy shop:wink2:. I'll admit to having one, 10 years ago it cost about $65. In this case, my bladder was really full so even kegels of steel would not have helped much. Had I not been barfing, I would have been running to pee!

casey0729
07-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Aw, I already bought my pink tights and purple leotard! I was going to head over to Liz's to film our new infomercial! It would have been a perfect opportunity for her to ask Mrs. Jones for her chip and dip back because she'd have to serve snacks after we were finished!

Seriously though, I hope your puking stops soon! It's hard to control one end as it is, let alone both at the same time.

elephantmeg
08-01-2008, 05:18 AM
huge hugs Katie!

kozachka
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Hugs, Katie. And your DH is worth his weight in gold, mine would have probably gotten sick himself.

kijip
08-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, the good news is that I have not wet my pants since then. :hysterical: The bad news is that I am still vomiting A LOT. It got better for about 2 weeks and now it's just plain back and in full force. Ugh. And all of the foods that worked to settle my tummy no longer work...it is like I have been robbed of what was working. Well, tomorrow is a new day with no vomit in it (for now).