PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen cabinet hardware--pulls on both drawers and doors or use knobs on doors?

justlearning
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I want to install hardware on our kitchen cabinets but can't decide if it looks better to have knobs on the doors and then pulls on the drawers or pulls on both the doors and drawers.

What do you prefer? I would also love to see pics of your hardware to get more ideas if you want to share.

I'm attaching a picture of the pull I'm considering using, but it would be in oil-rubbed bronze.

TIA for any input!

Drag0nflygirl
07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
LOL! That's my hardware! I love it. I did pulls all around. IMHO if you're going for a traditional/country feel do knobs on the doors. If it's transitional/contemporary do just pulls. What else can you tell us about your kitchen. Can you link to your cabinet doors?

s7714
07-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Personally I like the look of having pulls on both drawers and cabinets if you're going to have them. But I'm a all or nothing kind of gal when it comes to that stuff, lol.

We don't have any on ours. I'd really love to add them, but DH prefers not to so we're at an impasse. :shrug:

KBecks
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
I've read that pulls are easier to use than knobs overall. Have you checked out the kitchen forums at GardenWeb? They are awesome.

JMS
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Personally, I don't think you could go wrong either way (mix and match or all the same). I think if you're doing all oil rubbed bronze and as long as the pulls and knobs are in the same style line, it will look fine to have both. That's what's in my kitchen and if anything, I think it gives a more custom look.
Whatever you decide will look great but once you drill the holes for the pulls, there is obviously no going back to knobs :)

DrSally
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I prefer knobs on doors and cup pulls on drawers. I think it's a more retro look

lovin2shop
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
I really like what you have selected. Would you mind sharing what brand / where you are buying from? I may need to copy you!

shilo
07-31-2008, 11:43 AM
i lurk a lot over on the kitchen and bath forums at garden web and this kind of question comes up frequently, so it's a great place to go read up for more opinions.

one thing that i've seen come up as 'advice to think about' with the type of pull you've selected is that with two exposed ends, they may be prone to catching clothing/pockets on as you brush by them on your lower cabinets and drawers. it's one of the reasons a lot of people also don't choose to go with knobs on their lowers.

but i say if you love the pull but not the knob in that collection, go for it. just know all the variables in weighing your decision.

hth, lori

Drag0nflygirl
07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
I really like what you have selected. Would you mind sharing what brand / where you are buying from? I may need to copy you!
I don't remember if mine were from Lowes or HD - but I think it was HD.

I have had no issues with catching things on this particular style - but that is a very good point.