PDA

View Full Version : No more babies!

Twoboos
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
<sniff>

In the past 2 mos DD2 has sent her paci's off with the paci fairy, potty trained, and just today, got her big girl bedroom furniture.

For some reason the furniture made me realize she is NOT a baby anymore! It's an odd milestone that smacked me upside the head and said, "There, are you happy? She's not a baby anymore."

WatchingThemGrow
07-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Awww, we're right there with you (at least DD is). It seems weird to look in and see DD sleeping on a real bed. Thank goodness she's still sleepsacking it, or I'd be really freaked out.

Hope the adjustment goes well, for you, of course!:hug5:

wencit
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Hugs, mama! It's bittersweet, isn't it? I told DH a few nights ago that a part of me wants DS to stay small and cute forever, and another part of me just can't wait for him to GROW UP already!

HIU8
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm so there and DD is only 13 months. She all of a sudden started really talking and gets into everything. She has become such a little person. I'm so sad b/c DH said this is it for him. I'm not ready to leave babydom yet.

KrisM
07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
It must be an odd feeling for sure.

I'm hoping DD will follow yours - since turning 2 last month, she gave up her pacifier on her own and got her big girl bed. Potty training sure would be nice!