PDA

View Full Version : Bunky Board

niccig
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
We have to buy DS a new bunk bed, see the Bitching Post for our ongoing bed saga.

We've found a bed that we like, but it needs to be made to order, and it'll take 8 weeks - after the diaster we've had, we're going for a solid wood bed made in the USA by craftsman.

The bunk bed needs a bunky board, and we thought we would get it now, so we can put DS's mattress on it, rather than having the furniture store ship it to us with the bed in 8 weeks.

So, what do I need to look for in bunky boards? The bed we returned, had a slat roll, so we didn't need a bunky board.

LBW
07-31-2008, 07:52 AM
We have bunky boards for my oldest sons' bunk beds. I don't know if you'd find much of a difference in bunky boards sold by different stores. They are basically just thin, stiff, mattress-sized supports for the mattress above. Honestly, a piece of plywood cut to the right shape would do the job just as well.

We bought our bunky boards at the store where we purchased the bunks. You could call around to stores that sell children's furniture and compare prices. Price is probably the only difference.