PDA

View Full Version : visiting a friend - need gift idea

scoop22
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
when i go to stay with someone i like to take a gift. i am blanking on gift ideas. i usually take wine but she is pregnant with twins. any ideas?
she's not a bath person..

trales
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Box a chocolates and sparkling juice.

bubbaray
07-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, you could always show up (at dinner time, hours late), eat her out of house and home, not take her out for a meal, and expect to be waited on. Oh, wait. That was MY guests. Snort.

I think chocolates and sparkling juice (Costco sells some that I like). Spectacular chocolate like Godiva or some from Belgium is always nice. Of course, she might also like some salty chips to go with that, LOL! Or pickles...

maylips
07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
How much are you willing to spend? Because if I were her, I would LOVE a pedicure gift certificate, or, if you wanted to spend more, a massage.

Jen841
07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
I give a variety of B&B pumps of soap a lot. I love it and don't splurge to have it all over my house (I refill our pumps with a jug o soap I bought.)

Dish towels? I think you can always use new ones.

New kitchen gadget... maybe that is just a me thing.

Easy to eat snacks/foods?

Bean606
07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
I like the chocolate idea. Or maybe a Blockbuster gift card, popcorn, and sparkling juice?

urquie
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
flowers - especially a potted flower that will last much longer than cut flowers.

lizajane
07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
flowers - especially a potted flower that will last much longer than cut flowers.

i was going to say really nice vase. but i am also a potted flower fan. (or flowers in the nice vase, not the kind that comes with the flowers at the flower store...)

a kitchen gift basket with some super fun snacks and a dish towel and a wooden spoon? (for example.)

blisstwins
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
I have twins and I remember watering plants around our apartment one day and breaking down crying because all I did was "feed" things all day. Honestly, I would not give a potted plant, though I love them, because they are one more thing to take care of. I would bring a basket of tasty healthy snacks that are high energy and easy to eat and sparklinh juice, or a gift certificate to the movies (costco sells them) or something like that.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
08-01-2008, 01:52 AM
A GC for a restaurant? What pregger wants to cook?