PDA

View Full Version : gift receipts

scoop22
07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
if i give a gift i try so hard to give a gift receipt. it is so hard to return things (or exchange things) without a receipt. i wish others would do the same.. I have many gifts that i can't regift b/c i don't know anyone with kids in the sizes... i can't ask the nice person giving me a gift to return it. i just can't do it...

i also wish that stores would automatically give gift receipts.. i try so hard to remember to ask but sometimes i just need to get the kids out the door. i do like target for this..

i am just frustrated.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thanks for listening.

sidmand
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
You know, I thought about this (with gifts we've been getting lately). The problem is that I tend to buy presents ahead of time on really great deals (that I've found here mostly!). So I don't even have gift receipts. But maybe I shouldn't do that anymore and just give gifts with receipts. I know I tend to return a lot and who knows if what I've picked out is their taste or not...

We did get a lot of clothes for DD that I'm never going to use though. Some is not my style/taste, but she just has so many outfits that she's never going to wear that many when she's the right size and/or season. So I do understand. Some we've been able to return because we could guess where they came from and some it's been okay to have a store credit to get something else we might use. But sometimes we're just SOL.

la mama
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I have had the same problem. I just finished with my showers and have a pile of things to return because they're not the right size for the right season. But I can't return them because I don't know where everything is from and if I do, I don't have a gift receipt. I also always try to include gift receipts, even if I forget to give it to the person, I try to send it in the mail or give it to them the next time I see them. I know the inconvenience it causes me not to have them. I understand your pain!

Ceepa
08-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Maybe people don't include receipts if the item is a regift or if the item was bought on super deep discount and the store credit would only be like $4.xx.

Not that I've ever purposely left out a receipt for either of these reasons. :innocent:

jgenie
08-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm a sale hound and am guilty of generally giving gifts that are useful, but wouldn't be worth much on an exchange. I have to say having a baby has changed my view on that! We got several very nice gifts with gift receipts from people we didn't expect to even get a gift from. I kept the gift, but it sure was nice to know that if the color or size didn't suit LO, we could exchange it for something just as nice. I'm hoping to return the favor for others when I buy baby gifts in the future.