PDA

View Full Version : Crafty/sewing types- HELP! Jacks' Big MS costume

JTsMom
08-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I know it's a little early, but these things take me a while, and I obsess until I get them done....

I make Jason's Halloween costumes, but I'm total amateur. This year, he says he wants to be Jack from Jack's Big Music Show. http://spiffypictures.com/jack.htm

How the heck am I going to pull that off?!? I figure the shirt and pants will be really easy- I'll probably just buy similar ones and add the snowflake thing and the neck roll thingy. Blue gloves. Red sneakers. No problem. But the head is throwing me for a loop. I know I could make a big over the head mask like a character in a theme park would wear, but there's no way he'd wear that. Last year I couldn't even get him to wear the hood part of his costume. He also freaked out about me trying to paint on whiskers and a nose, just so you know what I'm working with here. I'm hoping he'll be more cooperative this year.

My best ideas so far are a hood type thing with a cut out for his face. I figure I could do the green hair with yarn or pipe cleaners attached right to that. Then i could paint his face blue, and have him wear one of those nose on a string type deals (picture something like a dog snout). I'm not sure how I'd make that though- maybe a disposable cup painted or something?

Alternatively, instead of a hood, I could just paint his face, and have him wear a skull cap type thing, or give him a mask on a stick kind of thing to just hold up in front of his face.

I'm also going to give him a guitar, and I'm going to try to make a stuffed Mel (the green and purple striped dog).

Can anyone improve upon this, or offer any tips at all? I figure most people aren't going to recognize Jack anyway, but I want it to look as put together as I reasonably can make it.

Thanks!

o_mom
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
How about a baseball cap?

JTsMom
08-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I did think about that- use the bill for the nose, right? But then what would I do with the eyes? Put them up on the hat, and have his showing again below the nose? Or do you mean a big one that would cover his head?

ETA: Well, clealy it would cover his head, LOL. I guess I should say it would cover his head and eyes.

o_mom
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I would do the eyes on top with the nose on the bill. Yes, you would see his face below, but I think that is fine. Perhaps you could use a hooded sweatshirt and sew the hat into it. Basically have the hat on his head and pull the hood up over it.

JTsMom
08-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Ok, now I'm starting to picture it- that might just work!