PDA

View Full Version : Now how did that happen?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-01-2008, 08:46 PM
We went to the lake yesterday and spent a good portion of this morning and afternoon in the water at the beach. Despite 4 applications of sunscreen in a 4 hour time frame. DD,DS, I and DH all got burns of one type or another. How'd that happen?

npace19147
08-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Either not waterproof at all or insufficient uva/uvb protection it sounds like...what were you using?

bubbaray
08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
That's been happening to us ALL freakin' summer. The girls can't use anything except Neutrogena Sensitive Skin (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide), but it actually does NOTHING to protect their skin. So, either they are protected from burning and get a rash OR no sun protection and no rash. Sigh.

ThreeofUs
08-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, now that's just not fair! Maybe it's just the wrong formula for your (various? similar?) skin types....

I burn at the slightest bit of sun, but DS (with red hair and very light skin) seems to have inherited the AmerIndian genes from my mom. He barely tans and NEVER burns. I'm so jealous!

hillview
08-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Maybe it was old sunblock? I have had that happen with last year's tube.
/hillary

vludmilla
08-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Sadly, many sunblock/sunscreens on the market are entirely ineffective or minimally effective. Check out your sunscreen at www.ewg.org
They evaluated hundreds of sunscreens and reported the results. Some brands, like Coppertone had NONE of their sunscreens pass their testing!
Sorry about your burns. It really sucks to be conscientious and then have it be undone by lousy products.