PDA

View Full Version : Birth Announcements

QTMichele
08-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Hello all! :) I'm having a horrible time finding quality, affordable birth announcements. I thought I saw a few web listings in Baby Bargains, but now I can't seem to find them. Have I lost my mind? Please help... :)

jgenie
08-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't know what your budget is, but I used this company for both birth announcements and christening invitations. The quality was great and the service was even better! HTH

http://www.trilliumpaper.com/detail.aspx?ID=1483

tnrnchick74
08-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I had great luck with www.tinyprints.com

I thought they were reasonable, especially for the quality and promptness.

beansprout13
08-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I really like Tiny Prints (www.tinyprints.com). There is a 10% off coupon floating around too (just google it).

Their customer service is fantastic! There was a problem with the picture I submitted for my birth announcement order and they called me personally to discuss. Then, even though the delay in processing/printing was my fault (bad picture quality), they upgraded me at no additional charge to overnight shipping. They are just a great company with really beautiful announcements.

DrSally
08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Tinyprints are georgeous, but is it really $2 per card?

QTMichele
08-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the links! By they way, does anyone recall a section about invitations in the Baby Bargains book?

tnrnchick74 & beansprout13 - Thanks for the link to tinyprints. I haven't been there in a while and liked them better than I remembered. My only "peeve" is that they offer very few non-photo invitations - we're looking for photo-free. They did have a few that I'd consider though and really appreciate the link! THANKS!

jgenie - I haven't seen the invitations from the link you provided - some very nice ones that I'm seriously considering. THANKS! :)

DrSally - $2 per card?! I'd say yikes, but I saw invitations for approximately $100 for TEN cards. YIKES!!! NOT in my budget, and, if they were, not in my lifetime would I spend that kind of money on a piece of paper.

american_mama
08-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I made my own announcements using special stationery at Kinko's . They have 4 cards per page or 2 card per page separated by perforations, and you can eitehr print directly on the paper at home or take a digital file to Kinko's and they'll print for you. If you use a photo in your announcement (I know you said you're not going to, but for those who do) the quality is much, much better if you have Kinko's work from a digital file.

The perforations do look a little not-so-great, but for the price, I didn't care. I got the 5x7 announcements, and it was about $6 for 50 announcements, I think.

MamaMolly
08-03-2008, 12:54 AM
I got mine from Target and printed them myself. They were sooo sweet with a white card that had rounded edges that I printed and attached to a larger pastel polkadotted backing-card with a pink grosgrain ribbon. I think it was about $20 for 50. I'd searched online and we were on such a tight budget and these were much nicer than what I could have bought online or at Papyrus in the mall. There was a format in the box and everything.
It wasn't hard to do, just kind of mind numbingly repetitive. Had to get that bow just right! ;)

HannaAddict
08-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Baby two had beautiful Crane birth announcements from www.finestationery.com. They shipped faster than scheduled directly from Crane but were less expensive than if I'd ordered them from Crane directly.

KBecks
08-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I have a couple designs checked out at keepsakedesigns.net I'm not sure of their quality but my goal is to get a decent value and I don't need super-fancy.

BeachBum
08-03-2008, 02:17 PM
if you dont want photos check out etsy.com there are lots of cute options there

BillK
08-03-2008, 02:40 PM
We had ours done by Alicia at "The First Glimpse" - as I recall my wife said she was very affordable. She does great work. Her website is: www.thefirstglimpse.com

Here's our announcement she did for us:

http://btz.smugmug.com/photos/267867596_KGLoZ-M.jpg

ThreeofUs
08-03-2008, 06:14 PM
You encouraged me to look at what we did for DS#1. We used Naptime Productions (www.naptimecards.com) and got a really beautiful product. They run about $2/announcement, though.

I like some of the announcements at tinyprints.com - and those are considerably less expensive!

QTMichele
08-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the new links! (I'm going to look at them after I post this... can't wait!) FYI for those looking for announcements/invitations for a very inexpensive price, try www.vistaprint.com. I order birthday invitations from their site - much cheaper than buying them at Hallmark and easier than printing your own (sometimes cheaper too). Thanks for the suggestions about printing my own... since we don't know the sex of our baby (SURPRISE!) that's one more thing I'd have to do after the baby is born - not something I want to add to my "to do" list at this point ;).

TaChapm
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I have a couple designs checked out at keepsakedesigns.net I'm not sure of their quality but my goal is to get a decent value and I don't need super-fancy.

We did Jaci's through Keepsake Designs and I can not say enough good things about them! The quality was great and super affordable.

I have since started doing my own cards and baby announcements for friends and family through photoshop but before I got good at it I uesd them for Jaci's announcements and 2 years of Christmas cards. We were always very happy!

kellyd
08-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I've seen really sweet do it yourself ones at Michaels too. They are usually near the wedding items.

Bean606
08-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I ordered mine from finestationery.com, and liked them. I also know people who ordered from http://www.moondropgardens.cceasy.com/. If you are looking for budget, I ordered my son's b-day invitations and thank you notes from Vista Print, and they were cheap, came superfast, and the quality was fine - not super nice like Crane's, but still nice enough.

JTsMom
08-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I made my own too- really simple, and they cost less than $20 for everything. I think I sent out 30 or 40. I made non-photo ones, but included a photo in the envelope.

I didn't use one of the kits. Instead I went to a scrapbook store, bought paper and some little die-cut sail boats, and that was that.

saschalicks
08-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I order from www.pbkisses.com (http://www.pbkisses.com) or www.baileybea.com (http://www.baileybea.com)

They are both WAHM w/great CS.

Andrea S
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM
i used pbkissses. i loved them!!!!!!!!!!! this was my 3rd baby and these were by far the best announcements.