PDA

View Full Version : Wooden dollhouse furniture (like Kidkraft) for fashion doll size?

MMMommy
08-02-2008, 07:46 PM
For those of you who have fashion doll sized dollhouses (Barbie and the like), what dollhouse furniture do you have and like? I just picked up the Kidkraft So Suite Dollhouse (for 8" to 12" sized dolls), and it comes with a few pieces of furniture (which may or may not be enough). The dollhouse is wooden, and the furniture it comes with is also wooden. Does anywhere sell the Kidkraft type wooden dollhouse furniture for fashion doll size? Or perhaps something similar? I saw maybe one accessory set at Target, but that was it.

Also, what is your opinion on the longevity of a fashion doll sized dollhouse--namely, what is the typical age range for playing with the Barbie-size dolls? Thanks for any advice.

Babywhite
08-15-2008, 10:39 PM
We bought that dollhouse for DD for Christmas last year. She loves it! Currently, she is using it for her "Barbie" size Disney princess dolls. They had 2 or 3 other furniture sets that you could buy separately. I noticed the other day that the dollhouse and extra furniture were gone. Then yesterday I noticed they have a new wooden dollhouse and extra furniture to go with it. I'm pretty sure the "additional" furniture sets would go with our dollhouse from last year!

Hope your DD loves it as much as mine.

MMMommy
08-16-2008, 12:03 AM
We bought that dollhouse for DD for Christmas last year. She loves it! Currently, she is using it for her "Barbie" size Disney princess dolls. They had 2 or 3 other furniture sets that you could buy separately. I noticed the other day that the dollhouse and extra furniture was gone. Then yesterday I noticed they have a new wooden dollhouse and extra furniture to go with it. I'm pretty sure the "additional" furniture sets would go with our dollhouse from last year!

Hope your DD loves it as much as mine.

Glad to hear good things about it! I couldn't resist and bought it on clearance at Target for only $24.98! The only problem is that we bought our girls an adorable, fully loaded (came with all this cute furniture and accessories) Battat wooden dollhouse for Xmas, and it wasn't a hit with them. I'm wondering if this will end up being a miss instead of a hit because of that. But on the other hand, I'm thinking that this might be more interesting to them b/c they can use it with their larger sized fashion dolls. But for that price, I feel like I must keep it!

bubbaray
08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
We have the similar Kidco Barbie-sized dollhouse from 2 yrs ago. DD#1 (and #2) LOVE it. I didn't get them extra furniture, just keep adding various Barbie pieces (corvette, scooter), and of course, dolls. We've got pretty much all the Princesses now.

You might not need/want the extra furniture. Maybe wait and see?