PDA

View Full Version : What kind of soap / stain treaters do you use in a HE washer

notasherpa
08-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I just got a new front loading washer (Kenmore HE5 from Sears) and I love it. However, I am moving from an older top loader, so I'm having to figure out the whole soap routine. The manual isn't very clear on what to use...

I'm using All Small/Mighty (HE version) and am clear in the the amount to use. However, I also used to use Oxiclean and I am uncertain of if I can use it in this machine. I though I could add it to the prewash compartment, but the instructions say that if you prewash, then you need to use a powder detergent in the main compartment. I prefer liquid because we have a septic system.

Also - there is a compartment for bleach,however I'm not a big bleach user (so scared of the damage it can do in fading out clothes). If any are bleach users in front loader, what is your system. Can I put a liquid oxiclean in the bleach compartment?

I pretreat everything as much as I can, and also do the presoak, but I have 4 children who create alot of dirty laundry.

Any tips you have are appreciated.

thank you!

kimberley-k
08-03-2008, 12:12 AM
When I've used Oxiclean in my frontloader, I just dumped a scoop of it in where the clothes go, and put my liquid detergent in like normal in the dispenser area.