PDA

View Full Version : Mei Tei recommendations? Ellaroo? Kozy?

wellyes
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I tried on an Ellaroo Mei Tei at a local store recently and it was so comfy! So I've been looking to buy one (probably used) online....... but the folks at thebabywearer.com really seem to prefer a mei tei called Kozy Carrier. I guess the difference is that the Kozy is more comfortable, plus it has a longer body so will be more useful as baby gets bigger.

I've found OK sales for the Ellaroo AND the Kozy but I can't afford both. Can any mamas here tell me from their personal experience which is preferred?

firsttimemama
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I have neither but I like my babyhawk. Did you consider that brand?

new_mommy25
08-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I have a deluxe Ellaroo, a Kozy, and a Baby Hawk. I like them all. The Ellaroo is really a nice carrier. It's attractive, it's comfortable, and I like the non-apron style of tying which I think helps add in height. It's also doesn't seem as wide as the Kozy which I prefer because IMO it's not as hot. It has really nice straps. I have slopey shoulders so sometimes straps that are too padded slip off my shoulder. Never had that problem with the Ellaroo. The head rest on the Ellaroo is kind of useless but I use it to kind of shield DD when she is nursing. I still carry my DD in the Ellaroo and she is 2 years old and probably 25+ pounds. I think it will last just as long as a Kozy.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one so I would go with whatever design appeals to you most.

For the record, I sold my Kozy but still have the Ellaroo and Baby Hawk. I preferred them over the Kozy, though the Kozy is still a really, really great carrier.