PDA

View Full Version : What to do when Drs don't agree

BabyMine
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Here is my dilemma. I have had chronic pain for years. I was doing good without much pain meds up until 2 weeks ago. When I talked to one of my OBGYN's they were fine with me taking one pill at night every day. Then I went and talked with another OBGYN (same practice) and they told me I could only take 2 a week. I am in imense pain at night and don't know what to do. The med is fentora 100mcg. It is a really low dose. I don't know who to listen too. Most people are on way higher doses then what I take so it is hard to read literature out there becasue it applies to the higher dose. I am due 8/8/8.

KpbS
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Have you tried acupuncture? I don't have any experience with it during pregnancy but have heard it can really help with chronic pain. Might be an avenue worth pursuing while trying to get a consistent answer from the drs.

hth

ThreeofUs
08-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Tell them they are giving inconsistent information and confusing you about your low dose. Ask them to consult with each other. You're almost there - I wouldn't go hunting for a 3rd opinion, if you're happy with your docs.