PDA

View Full Version : Baby Carrier

ZeeBaby
08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
What is your favorite carrier for an infant? We have a Baby Bjorn, which we received as a shower gift, but I am thinking I may want to switch to something else. The Bjorn is hurting my back already.

SnuggleBuggles
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I used the Bjorn (regular model) and Hotsling till just recently. I bought a Becco Butterfly and love it. :) I bought mine on sale at Frog Mama. She has a pretty cool recycle/ return policy so you can kind of try out different carriers.
http://www.frogmama.com/catalog.php?category=13&page=2

Beth

new_mommy25
08-04-2008, 06:17 AM
For an infant I like a ring sling or a Mei Tai. But I agree with the PP that the Beco Butterfly is really nice. If it were available when my DD was a newborn I probably would have bought it. I have a 4th generation Beco and it is my workhorse. I use it more than any other carrier.

ZeeBaby
08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
thanks for the info. What is the difference between the Beco and an Ergo? At what point can you use either one without an infant insert? My daughter is 10lbs and 22 inches.

SnuggleBuggles
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I tried an Ergo when ds was about 2m old but I couldn't get the hang of it. I recently attended a Nino meeting where I tried the Ergo again as well as the Beco. The Beco has like a pocket where the baby goes in, which I really like. I can put baby in the carrier then put the carrier on (especially useful since I was trying to learn back carries). I just felt like it was easier for a novice like me. (You don't have to do it that way, it's an option though.) Also, it just felt better in terms of overall comfort b/c it wasn't as bulky as the Ergo. Finally, I just like the look of the Beco better.

I used to think the only difference between the 2 was the fabric but the big difference is that pouch (I think there is another word for that but I can't remember). One downside is the hood on the Beco is no where near as good as the Ergo but I am hoping dh can whip up a new one for me.

Beth