PDA

View Full Version : Amazon shoe saga continues

Elena
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
It's not just Stride Rite shoes on sale, it's also Robeez, Primigi etc. I got a pair of Robeez for $13 after discounts, Primigi for $20. Check it out!

Drag0nflygirl
08-03-2008, 10:53 PM
:bowdown:
Thank you!!! (My bank account, however, is very, very angry at you.)

TahliasMom
08-04-2008, 02:26 AM
i got two prigmi maryjanes for 19 each! whoo hooo! also if you spend 60 u get 10 dollars off but i restrained myself...hehe

Melaine
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Make sure ya'll e-mail them if they didn't give you 20% off. ALL SALE SHOES FROM AMAZON are supposed to be, but they seem to be failing to offer it. They should refund you though!
I really don't "need" more shoes, but I guess I better take a look!

karolyp
08-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Do you happen to have the link for info on the 20% promotion?

I place a (2nd) order and while they credited my first order with the difference, they are giving me the run around on the 2nd, stating that they can't find the promo?

brittone2
08-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Amazon customer service is terrible. I had major problems last year with them offering a certain model of Dyson, and then sending something else. (a bunch of us here had it happen). Some people got full refunds, some got partial refunds, and some people got nothing. It was essentially a bait and switch scenario. We had screen shots, etc. of what they offered but they just kept trying to weasel out of doing the right thing. It was disheartening (I had never had a problem in the past, but I also don't order from Amazon all that often).

I haven't shopped there since. I hope those of you that don't get the extra 20% off keep pressing them, and if not, take it up with your credit card issuer.

I kindly refer to them as Scamazon. :wink2:

tazzy
08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi, I went to amazon and didn't see a link to the sale, but this message appeared at the top of my screen so I cut and pasted it for you:

Extra Savings: For a limited time, get an extra 20% off items already on sale direct from Amazon.com. That's up to 75% off original prices. Shop shoes for men, women, and children.

There wasn't a link to the sale, just this mention, so it sounds like it adds on in your shopping cart.

Elena
08-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I had a pair of Strite Rites added to the cart without the promotional 20% off, but Primigis and Robeez do show up with the discount automatically. I emailed Amazon and they said that even though Strite Rites were not elegible for this promotion and I had to buy $60 worth of shoes, they still gave me the discount out of courtesy. I was completely happy with their service.

just_teachin
08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, that's odd, because I bought a single pair of Stride Rites for my nephew this morning and got the 20% off. My sister in the meantime found a pair she was interested in for my other nephew, and just ordered them about 30 minutes ago, and got the 20% off with that pair as well.

lilhilly
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Amazon CS is just confused, I think. I bought a few pairs of Stride Rites, and the 20% off applied automatically to some, and not to others -- it seemed completely random. When I e-mailed them about an adjustment on the pairs that didn't get the discount, they referred me to a $20 off $80 promotion and said I hadn't spent $80; they didn't seem to know about the 20% off sale shoes promotion. Ultimately, they gave me $20 off, which ended up being approximately 20% off my total order & therefore was good enough for me. Now there seems to be a totally separate $10 off $60 promotion, and I think it's that one that doesn't apply to Stride Rites. The 20% off sale shoes promotion doesn't, on its face, exclude them. But who the heck knows?

emschwar
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
anyone know if there are any fireman rain boots on sale? DS needs a pair of those :)

bethie_73
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
They are giving me a hard time about the Primigi I bought :shake: Alot of them just aren't knowledgeable.

karolyp
08-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi, I went to amazon and didn't see a link to the sale, but this message appeared at the top of my screen so I cut and pasted it for you:

Extra Savings: For a limited time, get an extra 20% off items already on sale direct from Amazon.com. That's up to 75% off original prices. Shop shoes for men, women, and children.

There wasn't a link to the sale, just this mention, so it sounds like it adds on in your shopping cart.

Thank you! I was able to find that message and called CS back and read it to him - this time they credited my account! so thanks again!

TahliasMom
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
They are giving me a hard time about the Primigi I bought :shake: Alot of them just aren't knowledgeable.

i didn't get the 20% either on my primigi. i emailed customer service so i'm hoping they will refund me.

BeachBum
08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I bought several pair today also and didn't get the 20%. It was already such a great deal, I almost feel guilty complaining. I emailed CS, should I call instead?

infocrazy
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I did 2 orders. The first one was 3 stride rites. The 20% came off 2 but not the third. I emailed CS and they said everything was fine. I emailed back and spelled out the math and they credited my account.

The second order was just 1 pair of Stride Rites that I saw after I went back to check my account...shouldn't have looked. It didn't get the 20%. I emailed but haven't heard back.

momtoonegirl
08-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I bought 3 pairs of Stride Rite shoes, and the 20% discount only went through on the first 2 pairs. I e-mailed them right after I placed the order, and the customer service agent didn't apply the discount for the 3rd pair :(

After reading how many of you all were having trouble also, necessitating repeat emails and calls to Amazon Customer Service, I also emailed customer service again. I just received an email from a different CS person stating that they will adjust my account and give me the 20% promotional credit on the 3rd pair :yay:

I hope that everyone who had trouble with the promotion gets their 20% off :)

wiza
08-06-2008, 02:39 AM
I ordered 5 pairs of shoes and after checking out I only received the $10 off $60 so I placed a call into CS. I spent a total of 30 minutes on the phone with him during which he made numerous attempts to convince me that the items I had purchased were excluded from the 20% off promotion. Um, I don't see anywhere on the website indicating such exclusions. He said the promotion is "a little bit complicated." ...whatever...;-) He kept putting me on hold to "research," and finally offered to issue the 20%off credit to my account to use in a FUTURE purchase. Um, no thanks.

In the end, he agreed to issue a credit to my credit card but only once the items ship. I requested an email with that statement and he did send the email while I was still on the phone with him.

Sheesh! Every time I place an order with Amazon I get reminded why I seldom shop with them.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE:
THANKS, OP! IT WAS A GREAT DEAL AFTER ALL!

whoozyermama
08-06-2008, 03:22 AM
I ordered 5 pairs of shoes and after checking out I only received the $10 off $60 so I placed a call into CS. I spent a total of 30 minutes on the phone with him during which he made numerous attempts to convince me that the items I had purchased were excluded from the 20% off promotion. Um, I don't see anywhere on the website indicating such exclusions. He said the promotion is "a little bit complicated." ...whatever...;-) He kept putting me on hold to "research," and finally offered to issue the 20%off credit to my account to use in a FUTURE purchase. Um, no thanks.

In the end, he agreed to issue a credit to my credit card but only once the items ship. I requested an email with that statement and he did send the email while I was still on the phone with him.

Sheesh! Every time I place an order with Amazon I get reminded why I seldom shop with them

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE:
THANKS, OP! IT WAS A GREAT DEAL AFTER ALL!

Same exact thing happened to me tonight. They tried to tell me it was either/or on the 20% OR $10 OFF. I asked to speak to a supervisor, said that in no way was there an exclusion on the site and said it was interesting that Amazon automatically gave me the deal that worked in their favor. I told him I was a good customer (a Prime member) and that this transaction put a bad taste in my mouth and I basically demanded BOTH discounts. In the end I got $25 off of $75 and three pairs of Primigis--including a pair of boots that were originally priced at over $100. Not too shabby---but was it worth 40 minutes on the phone to an India-based customer service representative?

tzipora
08-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Just ordered school shoes for the kids, and I am immensely grateful - thanks so much for letting us know about this one!

(20% off didn't show up for any of them (all Primigi), although the happy little sun logo appeared at the top of the pages - not sure whether I have the energy to go argue with CS, but it was a good deal either way!)

Thanks!

brittone2
08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Not trying to stir the pot, but when I had the Amazon issues w/ our Dyson (as did many others), several of us filed complaints with the Attorney General in WA State where they are located, as well as the BBB. No one wants to invest that kind of time (writing a letter, etc.) but...if no one ever complains to authorities about their deceptive practices, they'll just keep doing it. You can tell the AG that they didn't have disclaimers or fine print on their advertising about the sale deal, etc. I think they even have an automated form letter thing online and you just fill in the details.

It makes me sick.

ShellB
08-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I just emailed CS with my order #. I ordered a pair of Primigi's and they responded right away saying they would credit my CC.

TahliasMom
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I just emailed CS with my order #. I ordered a pair of Primigi's and they responded right away saying they would credit my CC.

emailed them twice now. gggrrrr. still waiting for an adjustment.

pjsmom30
08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I got the Naturino Toddler/Little Kid Sport 81 Sneaker for 29.99. I called and they said that only the shoes that were in the list after you clicked the summer sale link would get the percent off. I complained that it didn't say that anywhere. So she offered me a $10 gift certificate to use on my next order.

Gina

caleymama
08-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I called and they said that only the shoes that were in the list after you clicked the summer sale link would get the percent off. I complained that it didn't say that anywhere. So she offered me a $10 gift certificate to use on my next order.

Gina

I had the opposite problem:

I purchased some women's shoes from the list over the weekend and noticed that I didn't get the full 20% off. When I called, the rep tried to tell me I hadn't spent enough for the $$ off $80 promotion. Took me forever to get through to the rep that I was talking about the 20% off summer sale. I was trying to explain that I had clicked on the link for women within the text of the sale ad and shopped from those shoes, therefore they should be an additional 20% off! Finally they said they'd have to clear it with their supervisor (who was unavailable at the time) and that they would email me an update within 24-48 hours once they secured the credit. I got an email later that day crediting me for the full 20% off.

I spent $62.96 on 2 pairs and was originally given $5.60 off. The credit I finally received via email (I'm watching my CC for it to show up) was for $18.61 - no idea how they're doing their calculations!

Usually I have no trouble with them and am even a Prime member.
They definitely messed this sale up . . .

ETA: I placed several orders for kids shoes and those discounts calculated correctly as far as I could tell.

skohng
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
pjsmom, i had that same shoe in my cart and balked ;) very cute shoe!

grins88
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I had ordered 3 pairs of shoes and got the $10 off $60 discount but only got the 20% off 1 pair. I emailed customer service and got a response and price adjustment very quickly. Maybe they're finally figuring it out. I was super excited...3 pair of Primigis for $39.xx, and hopefully they will send me the magazine offer which will make it even better. Yea!!!

pjsmom30
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
I got the Naturino Toddler/Little Kid Sport 81 Sneaker for 29.99. I called and they said that only the shoes that were in the list after you clicked the summer sale link would get the percent off. I complained that it didn't say that anywhere. So she offered me a $10 gift certificate to use on my next order.

Gina

Update on this:

I got an email this morning stating the following:

"I'm sorry that our 20% promotional offer was not applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've researched your account; it appears that one of my colleagues has already addressed this issue, by requesting a refund of $6.00 to reimburse you for the amount you were erroneously charged.

This refund should be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days.

We'll send you another e-mail to let you know when it has been completed. You may also view refunds by:

1. Clicking the "Your Account" link at the top of our website, then
2. Clicking "Go!" next to "open and recently shipped orders."

Completed refunds appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

I hope this solution is satisfactory and apologize once again for this inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

So now I have received $6 off, which is 20%, plus another $10 in credit.

This sure worked out in my favor! I wonder why you get such different info depending on who you work with!

Gina

Puddy73
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I had the opposite problem - I got the 20% discount off three out of 4 pairs of shoes, but not the $10 off $60 discount. I just emailed them to request an adjustment. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Melaine
08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
so has anyone succesfully gotten the $10 of $60, the 20% off, AND the magazine credit?

mickminmom
08-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Had to fight with them to get the 20% off each pair. I called two separate times with each call lasting about an hour. (Questioning myself over and over...it this really worth it?) First call was while I was placing order and cs rep assuring me, oh yes, the 20% will post after you pay, oh yes. Surprise, no change in total charge to my credit card. Then, I was assured I would receive an email the next day with a credit. Surprise, no email! I called again on 3 days later and was told I would have to prove that the shoes had been on the sale offer...what!!

AAAAH! Finally after 45 minutes of back and forth, she adjusted each pair while I was the phone and could refresh my account to see the changes.

At this point, I have not even opened the shipped box...the annoyance is too real..

I have always had wonderful experiences with them but this was ridiculous!

grins88
08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I am pleasantly surprised, but I had no problem getting my price adjustment. I just sent an email to cs, and I got the adjustment later that day. I just got the magazine subscription offer yesterday and sent it in for the refund (you have to do that by mail). So to answer pp, yes, I got the $10, 20%, and mag subscription. All in all, I got 3 pairs of Primigis (1 of which were boots) for $27 shipped. Pretty sweet considering that's way cheaper than regular price for 1 of those pair. My shipment came yesterday, and I LOVE the shoes I got (especially the boots)!!! I can't wait for DD to wear them.

And FYI, this deal isn't dead yet. My friend was asking me about the shoes today and she looked and found 5 pair for her 2 kids for $75 shipped before the mag offer (I'm not sure if they are still doing that or not). Still $15 per pair is pretty good. I found a few pair that I did not see the first time, so I placed a second order for 3 more pair. I have got to stop!

Also FYI, when I first put "primigi" in the search bar it came up with 3 pages of shoes. But when I clicked on the "shoes" link, it pulled up way more. There are some more good shoes on that page that did not pull up the first time for me.

nebwhit
08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
I am grateful to have gotten 15% off two pairs in one order, and 20% off and the magazine refund on another two pairs. :cheerleader1: Thanks for the original post.

wiza
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I also have made numerous phone calls and spent an average of 30 minutes each time to fight for my 20%off. I received my shipment yesterday but still haven't gotten my refund. The shoes are great!

ETA: I got my refund today. YAY! (Boy, that was painful).