PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Experts

ZeeBaby
08-03-2008, 10:34 PM
What stroller would you recommend for less then $200? We live in the suburbs and mostly drive everywhere. We need a good stroller for our new born when she outgrows the infant carrier/snap n go combo. We need something for weekend use and mall outings. I can't really see that we would get enough use from the stroller to make getting one of the more expensive models make sense.

deannanb
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I really liked our Graco - it was nice and big and for $70 - I wasn't too concerned about it on the airplane. I liked the large basked for my bag and anything else I bought. DS took many a naps in it (and still does on occasion).

I bought an inglesina trip - after researching umbrella strollers - when DS was 3 - it is a super light stroller - but DS is too tall for the stroller. His feet hit the wheels when he is sleeping.

HTH.

bubbaray
08-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Hands down, a P3. You can get a 2006 or 2007 for under $200 at Albeebaby:

http://www.albeebaby.com/pegperego.html

I have an '07 Revi black P3 and its one of my favorite strollers. Both my girls love it. It does great in the mall, can handle cobblestones, d/n take up too much room in a car, and its not tippy -- you can hang a fully-loaded diaper bag, plus many shopping bags, on the handles and it won't tip. It has the best canopy, love it.

ZeeBaby
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Our baby is only 6 weeks, should we wait until she is about 6 months to get a stroller?

bubbaray
08-04-2008, 11:51 AM
OK, well, here is where I disagree with the BB book. They say to use a SNG or similar to put the infant seat in. But, infant seats are designed for use IN THE CAR, not for use as a stroller.

I would definitely get a stroller like a P3. You could also look at a stroller with a bassinette feature, if you have the room/money. I think there is one for the P3 and there is definitely one for the Zippy.

HTH

salsah
08-04-2008, 05:27 PM
OK, well, here is where I disagree with the BB book. They say to use a SNG or similar to put the infant seat in. But, infant seats are designed for use IN THE CAR, not for use as a stroller.

I would definitely get a stroller like a P3. You could also look at a stroller with a bassinette feature, if you have the room/money. I think there is one for the P3 and there is definitely one for the Zippy.

HTH

:yeahthat:

leave the car seat in the car. it is much better for the baby to be in the stroller (or carrier if you are interested in baby wearing). as long as the stroller reclines flat it is safe. there are tons of strollers that are suitable to use from birth. the bassinet feature is nice, but don't worry if you can't afford it, it is not necessary.

swissair81
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
loved my zippy. i sold it b/c i kicked the wheels. but otherwise it was perfect.

firsttimemama
08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I have a similar stroller needs as you and I bought a 2007 P3 for less than $200 on www.albeebaby.com

It's a great stroller. IMO the only thing it's lacking is a fold like the Zippy, but nothing folds like the Zippy. When I first got the P3 I thought the fold was complicated (probably because I was comparing it to the Zippy). Now I think nothing of the fold and can do it quickly & easily.

I don't think you can find a Zippy for under $200 unless you buy it used, and I bought a Zippy used on craigslist (because I just could not control myself) and to be honest, I think I prefer the P3 - I think DS likes the freedom of movement harness on the P3 and prefers riding in it to the zippy

kijip
08-07-2008, 01:18 AM

HTH

:yeahthat: Carseats are for cars. Not swings, not strollers, not usually beds. Not saying you can't transport a sleeper that way or but it should not become an all the time thing. The P3 is compatible with infant carseats and then you can use the carseat for that sleeping baby or leave it in the car when not needed. Car seat stroller frames should not IMO replace flat reclining strollers for newborns.

kijip
08-07-2008, 01:20 AM
:yeahthat:

leave the car seat in the car. it is much better for the baby to be in the stroller (or carrier if you are interested in baby wearing). as long as the stroller reclines flat it is safe. there are tons of strollers that are suitable to use from birth. the bassinet feature is nice, but don't worry if you can't afford it, it is not necessary.

There are some P3 Completos on Albee for less than $200 (one for $129! rocking price). These can be used as a carriage or a stroller. Pretty affordable stroller for that feature!

strollerqueen
08-08-2008, 02:29 AM
I second, third, fourth, fifth the advice to leave the car seat in the car! You should get your baby out of the SNG ASAP. I don't even recommend buying one. Most all strollers now have the capability of adding on a car seat. If you really need to do it in an emergency, then you can. In the meantime, in all other non-dire situations, you have a real stroller for your baby. Just make sure you get one with a flat recline. A reversible is preferable, and one with a carrycot even more so. Depending on the age of your child, that is. Some of the larger ones say you can use them until nine months of age. But by then, your baby would want to sit up and look around. So then you need to attach a harness.