PDA

View Full Version : Twin Stroller that can hold bigger kids

michlyn
08-04-2008, 12:35 AM
I've been using my double snap and go and love it but the boys will be ready in the not too distant future for a regular stroller. I currently use a chariot for my outdoor stroller needs and I love it but I want a lighter weight umbrella type SBS stroller that is narrow enough to fit easily indoors - for running errands, trips to mall, zoo, etc.

I'd like good canopy coverage and would like the weight limit to be greater than 35 lbs per seat. I really like the looks of the BJCMD, and the Inglesina Twin Swift but both seem to have the 35 lbs seat limit. One of my boys is on the bigger side, just like his older sister, and a 35 lb limit won't have as much longevity for us. What do people do if their kids are over the 35lb limit?

mamaoftwins
08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Maclaren Twin Triumph. 55lbs per seat. Umbrella-style small fold, fits through all doorways (so far!). I use it for the exact situations you mentioned - shopping, zoo, etc. I got it when the boys were 7mo old. (after 1st buying a Combi Twin Sport - not a fan of that one.) The only downside I have found to this Mac is the skimpy canopies. The Mac Twin Techno has better canopies, but is abt $150 more expensive.

Good luck!

heatherlynn
08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
The BJCMD has a 100# total weight capacity. The Twin Swift is a better choice than the Macs, imo, better steering, plus it has suspension so a little softer ride. Oh, and most European manufacturers put a 35# limit on their strollers mainly for legal purposed. You'd be fine going over that in a TS.

gatorsmom
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
The weight limit on the Mountain Buggy Urban Double (MBUD) is 120lbs total. That thing is a tank- it carries my 5yo and 3yo and still can turn on a dime. hth

ml765
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
We have a Mountain Buggy Urban Single (2 year old) and a Double (4 1/2 month old twins). We love the single and really like the double.

The single will last for a long while and is not too big when folded (if you have decent cargo room).

The double takes up a lot of space and is smaller for each kid so it can pass through doors.

sue_g
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
We had the Peg Perego Aria twin and would definitely recommend it.

bubbaray
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
BJCSD has a higher canopy than the MBUD. Most kids will outgrow a double stroller height-wise sooner than weight-wise.

WatchingThemGrow
09-09-2008, 10:43 PM
And the BJ has a great canopy! Well, plus a zillion other features. The big one, not the mini.