PDA

View Full Version : No-pooers, help please!

bubbaray
08-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Ok, so I've been lurking at MDC on the no-poo thread and my head is SPINNING. :dizzy:

I think from what I can understand over there, I need to start the process with a no-silicone shampoo/conditioner, so I went out today and got some Kiss My Face stuff that has no -one stuff in it.

Is the next step to do the baking soda "wash"? Or is the next step to stick with the KMF shampoo and use their conditioner and add baking soda to it?

Also, there seem to be people over there saying that apple cider vinegar makes their hair greasy. So, do I just skip that step????

FWIW, my hair has b/c super curly/frizzy since DD#2 was born (it was wavy before) and I have a very oily scalp, with my hair being on the dry side (since it is now curly). I wash it daily, sometimes multiple times a day if I've been swimming or out for a long run.

HELP!

caheinz
08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
There's a book called Curly Girls that I found helpful. She gives recommendations based on hair type and amount of curls.

At this point, I use a conditioner every day, and shampoo 1-2 times per week. My hair is at the curly end of wavy, and tends to get oily if I don't shampoo at all. I do try to use products without lauryl sulfates, but I still use store-bought products.

So, I'm not totally no-poo, but my hair is doing great with this regimen!

bubbaray
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I do try to use products without lauryl sulfates, but I still use store-bought products.

Thanks, I'll look for that book.

Any particular products you could recommend? I've had success with the Pantene Restoratives for curly hair, Redken Fresh Curls, and Pantene Ice Shine, all of which have SLS and various -one ingredients. Sigh.

TIA!

pastrygirl
08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I really like Jessicurl (http://www.jessicurl.com/) hair cleansing cream in place of shampoo. I use it once a week, follow with an ACV rinse, then Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner. For daily "washing," I use Nature's Gate Mandarin Patchouli conditioner.

R2sweetboys
08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
O.K., I just have to tell you that when I read your thread title I thought you were talking about people who are constipated. :o:hysterical: Mommy brain strikes again.

caheinz
08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks, I'll look for that book.

Any particular products you could recommend? I've had success with the Pantene Restoratives for curly hair, Redken Fresh Curls, and Pantene Ice Shine, all of which have SLS and various -one ingredients. Sigh.

TIA!

I've been using Jason's Natural products that I get through a local Frontier co-op. They have curl-defining conditioner and shampoo, and I've been happy with them.

I've heard good things about Giovanni, too (also available from Frontier, but I've seen them at Costco recently!), but have only tried a leave-in conditioner (that I like, but it's not the spray-in one, and I'm all about convenience!).