PDA

View Full Version : Teething pain suggestions?

gatorsmom
08-04-2008, 04:03 PM
SiSi won't stop cryng unless mama is holding her( which is the reasonfor these typos). It must be teething- any suggestuons other than the obvious ones (teething toys, tylenol, brandy in her bottle...j/k ;) ) None of my other babies have complained this much so I'm at a loss. tia

bubbaray
08-04-2008, 04:08 PM
My dr recommends Infant Advil for teething. I use it at night, it lasts longer than Tylenol. You could also try Hylands teething tablets. They worked well for DD#1 but not for DD#2. Boiron also makes a teething liquid, which our daycare recommends. It didnt' work for DD#2 either, but it works for the other children there.

HTH

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I'll second the hylands. Worked for both our dc.

mdb78
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
DD also never really complained when she was teething, but my friend used Baby Orajel on his kid. Don't know how long it last though.

mamaoftwins
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I second Baby Oragel and Tylenol at night if they've been unhappy during the day! Has been great for both of our guys.

Also, they always have something with them to chew on. Which happens to be a cloth diaper. Random, yes, but it works. They've always had those diapers with them as burpcloths, since they both used to spit-up a lot. Now that they are drooling like faucets and constantly want to chew on things, the diapers work great! Sops up the drool so the fronts of their shirts aren't soaked and good for chewing!

HIU8
08-04-2008, 04:22 PM
DD's teething is horrendous. The ONLY thing that works for her is infant motrin. I use it nightly when she teeths or no one in the house gets any sleep.