PDA

View Full Version : DS taking off diaper and peeing in crib!!!

mom2binsd
08-04-2008, 04:45 PM
DS is 28 months...he has been a great napper (2-3 hours)..recently he is showing interest in going to the potty so we're sort of potty training but my work schedule and visitors have hampered a real effort and I'm not sure he is really ready...he's started taking his diaper off during his nap and then peeing in the crib (occasionally pooping too)...he goes on the potty right before his nap but seems like he's got some secret stash of liquid hidden in there....of course he just doesn't that's it's ok to pee in a diaper (which he does the rest of the day and at night...)...he is delayed in speech development but has mastered the word peepee....short of attaching a catheter at nap time how can I get the diaper to stay on....I keep shorts on him too....he used to have a sleepsack but figured out the zipper, then we pinned it but he figured out the safety pin so we had to ditch the sleepsack....maybe duct tape??????????

I don't think he's ready to give up his nap...there are days when he goes down fine and doesn't take his diaper off...is this just more of the fun of a 2 year old like him putting Vaseline in his hair????? DD never did any of this...she was so easy!

I don't think it's a medical issue, he doesn't seem to have an excess of urine output just during naptime!

TIA

Beth

bubbaray
08-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Duct tape, or putting the diaper on backwards and putting on a sleeper backwards....

Good luck!

CAM7
08-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe try putting his diaper on backwards? With tapes in the back?

HIU8
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Put the sleep sack on backwards (same goes for zipper sleepers). If he naps in clothes maybe put him in those one piece outfits. Another suggestion is to put the diaper on backwards

MamaMolly
08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Yup, my first thought was a zippered sleeper or sleepsac on backwards. You've got a smart fella on your hands!
Molly

mom2binsd
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Great ideas...thank you ladies...but I guess a backwards diaper was no deterent and I couldn't find duct tape in the house...even though he's never done it before I decided to put two diapers on him (we often double diaper at night)..both backwards with his jammies (he's outgrown all his one piece sleepers)...our sleepsacks had been put in the consignment sale bin downstairs...figured he's never done this at night...WRONG....went in about 1 1/2 hours after putting him down...hmmm walked over to the crib...saw a pile of stuff on the carpet...looked in...(we have a crib tent over the top) and he buck naked....sleeping happily and hadn't yet peed...found my sleepsack, got him up dressed him and put the sleepsack on backwards...doesn't seem like it will choke him....we'll see what my IL's will get in the am...I leave for work early...

kijip
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Maybe if you just let him sleep in the diaper? Maybe he takes his clothes off because he is too hot or uncomfortable and just keeps going? My son was happier at that age just sleeping in his diaper (go figure). Just a thought if the backwards thing did not work.

mom2binsd
08-05-2008, 09:24 PM
The backwards sleepsack seems to have done the trick (for now at least)...you should have seen his face though when he woke up and was like "what the heck did you do mom?" This is the first day I haven't had to wash a mattress pad and sheet!

THANK YOU LADIES!