PDA

View Full Version : What is a good price for a used Phil and Ted's?

kijip
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
My brother and his husband are expecting again in February. My niece will be 20 months old then. My brother is a SAHD and really wants to get a Phil and Ted's with the infant seat below. His partner is under the insane notion that they will not need a double because my niece will walk everywhere. :ROTFLMAO: Maybe that would be true if they did not walk much or need the stroller often but my brother walks nearly everyday to Starbucks and the library and the park to get out of the house and maintain his sanity. I think my BIL is a little out of touch with reality but whatever. My friend and I were thinking of just splitting it as a big baby gift so he does not have to stress about it. While they have plenty of $$, on one income in an expensive city trying to save up for house is a stressful situation for BIL so I do see why he would resist wanting to spend the money, even if I think not getting one nice AT for 2 is false economy. What sort of budget should I set for it? Is there a time of year when we should look for sales on a new one? We have some time to shop around, thankfully. TIA!

Lolabee
08-05-2008, 01:32 PM
The going rate on Craigslist in my area for a used P&T with doubles seat is $300. I recently sold my 2006 E2 with doubles seat (that was in quite good condition) for exactly that amount.

Hope that helps.

kijip
08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
The going rate on Craigslist in my area for a used P&T with doubles seat is $300. I recently sold my 2006 E2 with doubles seat (that was in quite good condition) for exactly that amount.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I can't seem to find many for sale used, so I want to be ready when one comes up.