PDA

View Full Version : new Nalgene bottles?

spencersmommy
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM
I bought the new Nalgene plastic BPA free bottles. Has anyone else tried them? I got a pink one for me and natural for DH. Ordered from reusablebags.com...great site! :-)

pb&j
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I recently got a camelbak BPA free bottle - LOVE IT! It's just like my old bottle, just BPA free. :)

mamaoftwins
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I bought the new Nalgene plastic BPA free bottles. Has anyone else tried them? I got a pink one for me and natural for DH. Ordered from reusablebags.com...great site! :-)

Yep, they're awesome, as Nalgenes always have been. :) We have a red and a blue one. The only difference I have found is that you can't boil them to sterilize them like you could with the old PC ones - the new ones will melt. You can put them in the dishwasher top rack though.

lizajane
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
there are some kid ones that have a "cool" sippy spout (don't look like baby sippies) that i LOVE for my kids. both kids like them and think they are cool and they are so useful!!

Jen841
08-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Now need to clean and use... our new thing for vacation this year. Bringing for all those we visit so they better be good!

happy2bamom
08-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I bought one for each DS 2 weeks ago and LOVE them! They do NOT leak. I went back last week and bought two more for each DS. They were being clearanced at our store ($5/each). Much better price than KK or safe sippy and the only sippy that I have found that doesn't leak (even when thrown across the room :))

Georgia
08-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Not sure what the new nalgenes are made of, but the camelbaks are made of a material Eastman Chemical released less than a year ago. Anyone know why these have so quickly been accepted as safer?

mamaoftwins
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Not sure what the new nalgenes are made of, but the camelbaks are made of a material Eastman Chemical released less than a year ago. Anyone know why these have so quickly been accepted as safer?

Was wondering that, too ... they are made of Eastman Tritan Copolyester.

kboyle
08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
there are some kid ones that have a "cool" sippy spout (don't look like baby sippies) that i LOVE for my kids. both kids like them and think they are cool and they are so useful!!

those were just reviewed on MWS and i also saw them today at Dick's Sporting Goods...i almost bought one, but i need to see how many of my "bad plastic" ones i need to replace.