PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Red Castle Whizz?

ShanaMama
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I have the opportunity to get one from Mamabargains at about 1/3 of retail price. It seems they are being discontinued in the US...?
It looks like a really nice stroller at a great price, but I am reluctant because I can't test drive it IRL. IME if a deal seems too good to be true it usually is. Also I doubt there will be any customer service if it's discontinued.
Does anyone own one or has anyone tried it out? Please share your experience. TIA

heatherlynn
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I have one and I love it! Fold is easy, not too big. It has suspension so absorbs bumps pretty well. I wouldn't use it on rocky trails or anything, but I use it as my walking stroller around my neighborhood and it is perfectly fine. I love it because it's good enough to be a walking stroller, but also small enough that I don't feel funny if I take it to the mall or use it for errands. The bug/sun and the rain/wind covers are great, too. I use it mainly for my 2yo, but in a pinch, my 4yo (today!) can sit on the footwell for a quick ride.

I think you should get it. I seriously doubt you'd be disapointed! And I've had probably 50 strollers or so!

ShanaMama
08-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Well I ordered it. I figure hopefully I'll like it, if not I can always craigslist it and definitely make back my price. I found some european message boards with pretty good reviews as well.
For anyone else interested, the mamabargains deal is $199 for the stroller and $55 for the carrycot. About $700 retail value. You need to email her on mamabargains because she has many in stock even though it's not currently featured online.

stella
08-05-2008, 11:20 PM
let us know what you think when you get yours! I am always up for a new stroller. why do you think I had that third baby? LOL.