PDA

View Full Version : Puzzles for a two year old?

Clarity
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Mom's of puzzle lovers...can you please suggest some puzzles for a two year old? I'm interested in some of the 10 piece puzzles. We do have some wooden Melissa and Doug puzzles A (shapes, farm, etc.) , but I wasn't sure if that else was out there that might interest a 25 month old.

Momof3Labs
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
My DS has loved the Melissa & Doug puzzle sets -there are four 12pc puzzles in a wooden box - since before his second birthday. Floor puzzles are great for that age, too!

Momof3Labs
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
My DS has loved the Melissa & Doug puzzle sets -there are four 12pc puzzles in a wooden box - since before his second birthday. Floor puzzles are great for that age, too!

bubbaray
08-05-2008, 05:10 PM
At around age 2, DD#1 was using 15-piece cardboard puzzles, the ones that they sell in boxes at Walmart & Target, etc., with Dora, princesses, etc.. She quickly moved on to 24pieces.

linsei
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
We liked the M&D wooden box ones also. I got them at Marshalls/TJMax for about $5.99 ($3.99 on clearance). They were easy enough for a 2 yo, but they were marked 3 and up.

sunriseiz
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
The puzzles in the box are good. My DD has a "paper doll" type puzzle where she can change out the clothes and shoes. That was probably her favorite at 2 and she still plays with it occaisionally.

racerl1
08-06-2008, 08:49 AM
We bought Crocodile Creek puzzles for DS when he turned 2. He loved them and still puts them together, although now he has graduated to harder puzzles. He still enjoys playing with them.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=2950-3/476.0.21270.0.0.0.0

We bought them from Target.com.

Bean606
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
M&D fans here, too. M&D just starting making cardboard floor puzzles that are really cute - Farm, Jungle and Dinosaur. We have all 3, in addition to every other M&D puzzle we can find - he has just started doing the ones that don't have the pictures on the bottom of the tray - M&D has several of those. DS also has a couple of books that have puzzles in them, which we use in the car. When I get home tonight I'll look at the publisher and post. He also received as a gift a wooden puzzle shaped like a giraffe that has the letters on one side and the animals on the other - I think it was from Sensational Beginnings or Leaps & Bounds. He likes it a lot.

August Mom
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
We loved the M&D 12-piece puzzles in a box too. My very favorite puzzles are the crepe rubber ones from Lauri. I love these. Just pick one with fewer pieces and larger shapes to start out. We also liked wooden inlaid puzzles rather than jigsaws early on. We got these at TJ Maxx.

Here's the link to the Lauri puzzles: http://www.lauritoys.com/products/groupview.php?cat=PUZ