PDA

View Full Version : Socks with Merrell MJs

jdsmom731
08-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I saw the thread on the MJ's plazas and I too fell in love with them! I think I am going to get a brown pair to wear with jeans this fall. My question is, when you wear with jeans, what color socks do all wear with them. This is something I always struggle with!!

Thanks!
Amy

sunriseiz
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
bump...I am curious too!!!

jerigirl
08-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I am curious as well. I just bought these Privo Floats and am not sure about socks either.
http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7353817/color/222

JenaW
08-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I am by NO means a fashionista, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I have a few pairs of these types of shoes - my ecco extreme sport janes are a bit more "sporty." They are powder blue, white, and grey. I typically wear these with sportier outfits (exercise-type skorts, terry cloth capris, etc) and wear them without socks. I did wear them on a bike once when I did not want my clip-in bike shoes. This time I wore white athletic socks. The few times I have worn them with jeans, I wore lightweight crew/ankle socks that had a color coordinating design on them (i.e. white socks with lt and darker blue stripes or polka dots or something). I have a pair of hot pink camo Tsubo mary janes that I wear with jeans or capris or my denim skirt. I almost always wear these without socks, unless it is a cooler fall day and I am wearing jeans/sweater so bare feet would look silly. Because these have such a loud dominating pattern, I typically wear neutral socks - again light weight ankle/crew, in cream, khaki, etc. Something that won't clash with my outfit or compete with the shoe. My white and black privos have more of a closed toe area, not mary jane style, but still with velcro straps. I usually wear these with light weight white sporty socks. I guess my typical solution is if I am wearing bare legs (skirt, shorts, capris, etc) I will not wear socks. If I am wearing long pants (jeans, terry sweats, yoga pants, etc) I do wear socks.

Sorry so long-winded.
HTH.

~J

pastrygirl
08-14-2008, 09:03 AM
I wear socks with my Ecco MJs if I'm wearing pants. My pants are all wide-legged and long, so you can't really see the socks, anyway. :)

mabun3
08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
the privos(not floats, forgot the name) I work a light weight, trouser like sock. More see thru, KWIM? But with the MJ I wore sports, low cut white socks and I thought they were ok.

Michele