PDA

View Full Version : Chicco doll stroller owners?

brittone2
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I am thinking ahead to what gifts I'm giving my kids for upcoming bdays, Christmas, etc. My mom and dad are ready to start shopping, so they've asked me to come up with some ideas so they can buy in the next month or two.

DD really liked the doll strollers at PBK recently. I want something w/ nice wheels and hopefully under $50-60.

I read some old posts about the Chicco stroller. I'm just wondering if those of you that own one found that it held up well? Can anyone compare the quality to something like the PBK minizooper strollers?

Thanks!

jillmk
08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I can't compare to the Zooper stroller, but we have three of the Chiccos and they've held up well. (We've had them since xmas.) They really take a beating! The kids love the basket underneath. We received them as gifts, but I've been really happy with them.

ellies mom
08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
It isn't quite as nice but I really like the Maclaren doll stroller because it folds up so nicely. It makes it a lot easier to carry home.

brittone2
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Just thought I"d start asking around so I can decide in the next month or two what I'm looking for.

I appreciate it!

new_mommy25
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
We have the PBK pink Zooper. I bought it for my DD's first birthday. At first I really liked it but it has not held up well at all. A little over a year later and it looks like hell. The seat is tearing in one area and the strings that keep the seat on broke so I keep having to re-tie it. The metal that keeps the shade bent almost immediately which always bothered me. And it is kind of hard to steer around corners.

We also have a cheap stroller that DD chose from Build A Bear. She prefers it because it's really lightweight and easy for her steer.

I would skip the PBK and go with a Chicco or Maclaren.

brittone2
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
We have the PBK pink Zooper. I bought it for my DD's first birthday. At first I really liked it but it has not held up well at all. A little over a year later and it looks like hell. The seat is tearing in one area and the strings that keep the seat on broke so I keep having to re-tie it. The metal that keeps the shade bent almost immediately which always bothered me. And it is kind of hard to steer around corners.

We also have a cheap stroller that DD chose from Build A Bear. She prefers it because it's really lightweight and easy for her steer.

I would skip the PBK and go with a Chicco or Maclaren.

Thanks so much for that comparison!! Very helpful and it was nice to hear your comparison.

I haven't looked at the Maclaren doll stroller that closely, but I think the Chicco is pretty cute. I really appreciate hearing about the longevity (or lack thereof!) with the PBK stroller. I'm sorry that it hasn't held up well for your DD, but I'm glad that you shared that info....huge help! :)

WatchingThemGrow
08-12-2008, 10:11 PM
We got the navy Mac about 6 mos ago - maybe longer - from the babycenter spend $20 get $20 off code (???), so it came to $2 plus shipping. It has been used hourly since then, and that is most of every hour. A little girl who looked JUST like DD was using the same one at a park in Manhattan. I thought DD would go over and fight her for it, but the fountain was a big enough distraction, she never saw it. Phew. It looks brand new, but we do keep it inside.

I like that it is navy and blends in with the rest of the house. The Corolle pastel one or HAish ones would get on my nerves - although I love bright clothes!

brittone2
08-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Is the maclaren doll stroller like an umbrella stroller? I guess I'm off to google so I can answer my own question.

More good info. Thanks!

eta: okay Maclaren owners-do you have or like thethree wheeler or umbrella style stroller? Same with the Chicco...the bigger one w/ canopy or the umbrella stroller? Just wondering :)

WatchingThemGrow
08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Ours is almost like this one. The wheels on this one appear to not be solid... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3106009

Here is ours on amazon with their wacky pricing deals. The reviews crack me up!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YFW2VQ/ref=s9subs_c3_21_img1-rfc_p?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Q1DVYGX7ZMSAXKCDS00&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278240301&pf_rd_i=507846

brittone2
08-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I like the Maclaren one...very cute.

You all have been very helpful. I still can't decide which to get, but having more info to go on now is wonderful. Not that DD will likely care much anyway. She's been having fun watching me look up strollers online and saying "baby" and patting her own bum meaning she wants to sit in them ;)

Thanks so much!

traciann
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
be careful on the maclaren. I am buying a stroller for a gift and looked at that one. I opened it in TRU and couldn't believe how tiny it was. No way could my dd use it now at 3.

If dd seems to enjoy the PBK one, I would go with that one as I have read good reviews on it.

jillmk
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
This is the one that we have:
http://tinyurl.com/64ebx3 (with the hood)
It is on the tall side for my short two year olds, but great for my 4 year old. Not that my 2 year olds have any problems with it! They fully load up the seat (which they love to recline), the basket underneath, and the hood and have no problems pushing it around.

Joolsplus2
08-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah, do check out the handle heights on the macs...I have the three wheel one and it has a rotating handle, it was perfect for my 1 year old to push, and my 9 year old can still push it comfortably. It does tend to collapse kind of easily (I put plastic ties around the joint clamps to keep it up), and the bottom is velcroed...and it sort of collapses when a kid sits in it, they fall into the basket....I'm tempted to think that's a safety feature, though (so they sit, and fall right through, then no one can push them around and risk tipping them out, lol) It doesn't collapse (ie, the velcro at the bottom of the seat doesn't rip open) under the weight of baby dolls, however! The navy is very ungirly, I wish they offered more color choices, but it's inoffensive and the girls don't complain. I paid 55$ but I know you can get it MUCH cheaper, like $30ish, if you shop around. I've been craving a Chicco stroller for the girls, though...and build a bear I read now? tempting!

WatchingThemGrow
08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I made it to TRU today with only one child (who doesn't talk or walk :)), so I got to look around. They have pretty big selection of Maclarens, but I'm not certain ours was there. The box for the simple umbrella was much larger than our box. Ours was more like the size of the hot pink Graco for $13, but the Mac is much nicer.

What I couldn't believe is how I've never actually walked down the aisles and looked at products. DD got a Snap-N-Style doll thx to the recommendation of mamas on BBB. I'm sure she'll be riding in the doll stroller come daybreak!

Joolsplus2
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Just bumping :)