PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been in a fist-fight?

Corie
08-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Growing up, my brothers were in a few scraps with other guys.
I think that even my sister was in a couple of fist-fights.
But never me. Not even after a girl grabbed me by my shirt. I think
I was more concerned she was messing up my Benetton shirt.

Have you ever been in a fist-fight?

Just curious... :)

kijip
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
As a child, yes. We moved a lot. My siblings got called names, one for being black and one for being disabled. I got in a lot of school yard scuffles over it and a lot of neighborhood scuffles for no real reason other than 2 kids liking to fight. I stopped that around maybe age 9 or so?

Last time I punched someone outside of sparring at martial arts (not really hitting them) was when a man accosted me on the street when I was about 19. I was happy then that I knew how to throw a punch, kick and run. :)

elektra
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
When I was about 10. It was more of me chasing and trying to punch after my best friend threw dirt in my face during an argument we were having. I am pretty passive, but she so deserved it.

I was an athlete in college too and I sort of had to step into the middle of a fist fight (between 2 other girls/women) during a game but I never threw a punch then.

brittone2
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I had to sit in the unhappy chair in Kindergarden for stepping on a little boy's face for looking up my dress on purpose :32:

My parents taught me to fight back in those days (I was a shrimp size-wise as I was already short and I also started Kindergarden at 4). Not their greatest parenting advice, but that's what they told me back in the day :wink2:

No real full-fledged fist fights though.

mamaoftwins
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Once. Also for sticking up for my bros - I'm the oldest sib, so next oldest bro was born blind in both eyes, and had multiple surgeries and can see with very thick glasses, next oldest bro is blind in one eye, surgeries not able to correct it. (both blindness due to congenital cataracts) Both got picked on mercilessly as children, one for having such thick glasses, one for having a blind, wandering eye, and both for having "weird" looking pupils from the surgeries. So, I got fed up at around 9yrs of age after several neighbor kids were coming over to our driveway and taunting the boys, and then one of them pushed my bro, so I punched the neighbor kid and broke his nose. Yep, broke his nose. I think I was crying more than he was! Anyway, he ran home and as soon as my father got home from work, I told him what happened, and he took me to their house to apologize, etc., and the kid's father knew he had been harassing us (yet had neglected to do anything until this point), and told us it was ok. Mom & kid weren't home - at ER. On the walk home, my dad told me that I should never hit anyone again, but that he understood why, and was proud of me for sticking up for the boys. One of my father's few shining moments as a parent.

And we didn't get picked on again after that.

One of DH's favorite things to tell the our boys (coming from both his & my childhoods) is that "brothers stick together". Not that they really get it yet. ;)

elektra
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
So, I got fed up at around 9yrs of age after several neighbor kids were coming over to our driveway and taunting the boys, and then one of them pushed my bro, so I punched the neighbor kid and broke his nose.
You go girl! I know violence should not be condoned and all that, but it sounds like these boys had it coming.

kboyle
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
You go girl! I know violence should not be condoned and all that, but it sounds like these boys had it coming.

:yeahthat:

i did punch this ignorant boy in my junior year in HS. he was an obnoxious and ignorant kid who had a crush on me so the only thing he could think of doing was to make fun of me...finally i got sick of it and i told him that if he said anything else about me or to me i'd hit him. he did...i hit him square in the jaw with a nice left hook. it was the ONE day that whole year that i wore a skirt to school (that's what must have provoked the teasing, i'm guessing) i still remember the outfit, lol. he actually had the nerve to tell on me to the teacher who had turned her back at the right moment. she didn't believe him and all the kids who did see it took my side, lol...it was quite amusing.

i saw him working at petsmart yesterday, he looked just as obnoxious as the day i hit him.

there were these older twin girls that kept "saying" they'd beat me up since i was dating one of their ex-boyfriends but they never followed thru. i knew they'd beat my a$$ but i always stood my ground. they actually apologized to me a few years later.

maestramommy
08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
In 5th grade. Not really fist fight, not a catfight, somewhere in between. :)

proudsahmof3
08-07-2008, 01:38 PM
In college one of my best friends and roommate had a prosthetic eye because of cancer as a baby. We were at a bar one night and some guy called her "Cyclops". I punched him right square in the face. His friends were speechless and he actually acted like he was going to hit me back, but they stopped him. There was blood everywhere - I don't know if it was from his nose or his mouth (I was wearing rings :)) but we got out of there in a hurry! And I never felt sooo good. :jammin:

bubbaray
08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Only verbally.... In hindsight, they probably would have preferred that I physically hit them, LOL.

StantonHyde
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
I have never been in a fist fight. (I did punch my brother in the nose once because he hit me in the stomach and of course I got blamed because he had a bloody nose)

I did, however, play rugby for two years in college. Rugby makes fist fights look like a quilting bee :bouncy: I absolutely LOVED it. I am totally a non violent person but I just really liked getting hit/tackled and hitting/tackling back. I was second row so I did a lot of shoving and was often the person hanging on to the ball in the middle of a huge pile of people (which is actually called a maul). I think I actually bit someone once and got called for it--her arm was strangling me--I had on a mouthguard and she had on a long sleeved shirt. How bad could it be?! I got some amazing bruises. I had a huge hematoma on my butt that did not go away for a long time. The best was the cleat marks on my boob--I remember hoping it would swell! :ROTFLMAO:

niccig
08-07-2008, 05:10 PM
My sister was getting teased, and this one boy made her cry in front of the class. I was in the same class and as I left the room I had to go by him, so I yelled at him and hit him on the back of the head as I went past. The principal said I had to apologise, my mother, who was a teacher at the same school but on sabbatical leave, told me I didn't have to and wanted to know why the teachers didn't stop things before my sister got so upset. They didn't tease my sister again..

SnuggleBuggles
08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
No way! One day in jr. high someone said that this girl wanted to fight me. I have no idea what I could have done to cause that! So, I spent the day peace making and no fight. :) I was scared out of my mind!

Beth

Twoboos
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Twice, both times defending other people. (me 'n my big mouth!)

3rd grade, waiting at bus stop, 5th grade boy picking on my 1st grade brother. Mouthed off to the 5th graded and got wholloped... Hmm, actually I suppose this doesn't count as a fist fight since I don't think I got one punch in! :)

8th grade, movie theatre parking lot, older girls mouthing off to/going after my friend. Total girl fight scuffle!! My friends still talk about it. :)

randomkid
08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Corie:

You start the most interesting threads. I often wonder - "What made her think of that?"

To answer your question, I've never been in a fist fight, but walloped my brother square on the head with a bowling pin. He's 7 years older than me and was probably harrassing me. I don't remember it, but he brings it up often. Don't know where the bowling pin came from - lol!

Corie
08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Corie:

You start the most interesting threads. I often wonder - "What made her think of that?"

I have alot of weird and random thoughts floating around in
my brain. I never know what's going to come to the surface. :)

dcmom2b3
08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I did, however, play rugby for two years in college.
Oooh! I wanted to play rugby, but have always talked myself out of it. Hope springs eternal -- maybe there's a geriatric league I could join out there somewhere.

As for fist fights, I had one, in 10th grade. My inner child wants you all to know that "SHE STARTED IT!!!!!!"

I played field hockey through JHS and HS. One game, I got sucker punched by a player on the opposing team. She apparently had an issue that the ref hadn't adequately addressed. I responded in kind. Not my proudest moment, but I'll admit that a tiny little part of me is proud that I whipped her butt.

After the game, my dad (who watched it all from the sidelines :eek::eek:) said three things: 1. "No need to mention this to your mother" 2. "Bad choice, you should have walked away." and 3. "Good job."

I miss my dad!

missym
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I stabbed a boy in the leg with a pencil - does that count? :wink2: He tried to grope me on the bus to amuse his friends. They pretty much left me alone after that.

MelissaTC
08-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I punched a boy in 6th grade several times in the nuts.
I also got into a fist fight/catfight hybrid. She clawed and I punched her. It was also in 6th grade.

I got into a fight in college but that was a bar fight. My friends and I RAN out of there pretty quickly!!!

StantonHyde
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
1. "No need to mention this to your mother" 2. "Bad choice, you should have walked away." and 3. "Good job."

Only a father would understand/say that. :love5: