PDA

View Full Version : baby shoe guide?

shaee
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
i am after some toddler shoes. it is actually a gift for a friend, her daughter is 1 year old.

in stride rite or Primigis what shoe size should i buy?
Thanks

o_mom
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't try to guess with buying SR shoes for a new walker, they need to fit her foot.

If I was buying a pair of shoes, sight unseen, for a child that age, I would get 12-18 mo Robeez, or possibly 12-16 mo Tredz. The Robeez are really all they need at that age and the sizing has room to fudge a bit. The Tredz are a bit more tricky, but would probably be too big, if anything, and could be grown into.

ETA: This would be for a child just turning 1, if she is closer to 18-24 months, then size up.

citymama
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I agree with the PP that you cant buy SRs or other "real" shoes for someone else's kid.

I would recommend Pedoodles - they are great for new walkers as well as more experienced ones, plus they size by age not shoe size. If your friend's kid is average sized and 12 months, get the 12-18 month size. If she is 15 months or more, get the 18-24 month size. We have loved Pedoodles and they make a great gift! www.pedoodles.com

Another alternative is Livie and Luca - adorable shoes, and right now on sale - there's another thread with a link to an online code. However, they also go by numbered sizes, which is tough to buy for someone else.