PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Aria or Maclaren Triumph

scmama
08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm looking for a lightweight stroller under $200.00. I really like the peg perego aria ultra lightweight and the maclaren triumph. Any suggestions? I've looked at both models customer reviews and they are all mixed. Thanks!

lorinick
08-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I have the Mac Quest and I work at BRU. I hate the Aria due to it gets stuck and is hard to open. Other wise I think it's a good stroller. But if you can't open it its no good. If you live near a BBB I saw them there for 99.99 on clearance. I love my Mac it steers great so does the Aria. But the Quest folds and unfolds effortlessly. The buckles are easy to use. The extended foot rest is awsome. It takes up no space at all in the car. I couldn't live without it. I was looking at the Peg in BBB because it was so cheap but I couldn't be bothered with opening it. It was stuck closed. I love the P3 though.

ray7694
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
I got the Peg for a light stroller. I don't have any trouble opening it and love the weight. I found that it doesn't steer from side to side very well. When I am trying to get through doors etc it gets stuck.which is very annoying.

lorinick
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I got the Peg for a light stroller. I don't have any trouble opening it and love the weight. I found that it doesn't steer from side to side very well. When I am trying to get through doors etc it gets stuck.which is very annoying.
That's good you havn't had any opening issues. I think Mac gets the award for best steering. That is one of it's best features.

salsah
08-07-2008, 06:24 PM
depends on what you are looking for. the aria is great as a mall stroller -- compact and light weight with a big basket, not tippy, easy one hand (compact) fold and open (i've never had any problems with it getting stuck -- opens and closes smoothly every time), nice canopy, nice recline (fully adjustable, nearly flat), one hand steering (i haven't had any problems, not even going in and out of doors w/ one hand). if your wheels stick a little at first, use a little wd-40 on them and they will be smooth. while the cup holder that comes with it is useless, you can get the bj liquid holster -- it works well with the aria. oh and it has a child snack tray and cup holder. yes the wheels are small and plastic but so are the wheels on the mac. unfortunately the quality has gone down in recent years -- but if you get last years model on sale, it is still decent for the price. my 04 aria is still holding up great even with heavy use thru two kids -- and i use it every where, even out doors for walks or at the park etc. sometime i even let both kids ride in it at the same time (one of the nice things about the seat is that two kids fit in it) or sometimes dd1 will ride (standing) on the foot rest while dd2 is sitting in the seat. i recently bought a 07 for the one hand fold and because it was so inexpensive that i couldn't resist, but it isn't as well made as the 04 -- i don't expect it to last as long.

the mac should be more durable and offers great steering for an umbrella stroller and of course an umbrella fold. however it is tippy and you will not have the same amount of storage (small, hard to access basket). small plastic wheels better suited for indoor use. i believe that the fold is easy and one handed (or uses your feet), canopy might not be as good as on the aria, and it weighs a little more. the seat is often uncomfortable -- slouchy. babies who like to sit up might not like it, especially since it doesn't have a belly bar or snack tray.

jesseandgrace
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I agree that it depends on your needs! I think macs are much better looking, much simpler and easier to store, steer, and fold. On the other hand, I HATE the sunshades, they are useless, and I love hanging things from stroller bars, so mine always tip over, although that doesn't bother me all that much. I just bought an aria even though they feel pretty plasticy to me, and the fold seems big. I bought the Aria for travel because I really like the sunshade, and I like the fact that I can distract my 8 month old with stuff in or attached to the tray. I also have a Bee as far as smallish strollers, so I liked the idea of one with a tray. If mac made better sunshades I think I would be all about the Mac, but I so hate the sunshade that I can't. Living in CA it is just a deal breaker for me. Maybe if I still lived in a place where malls were indoors I wouldn't care though. Hope that helps!

jesseandgrace
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh, and the Aria was really cheap. I don't think I would pay full price since I don't think it is a great stroller (which is why I'm willing to gate check it on the plane, and not the Bee!).

WatchingThemGrow
08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I have a few friends who don't love their Aria's. None who feel the same about their Macs. We love our Triumph.

lorinick
08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
depends on what you are looking for. the aria is great as a mall stroller -- compact and light weight with a big basket, not tippy, easy one hand (compact) fold and open (i've never had any problems with it getting stuck -- opens and closes smoothly every time), nice canopy, nice recline (fully adjustable, nearly flat), one hand steering (i haven't had any problems, not even going in and out of doors w/ one hand). if your wheels stick a little at first, use a little wd-40 on them and they will be smooth. while the cup holder that comes with it is useless, you can get the bj liquid holster -- it works well with the aria. oh and it has a child snack tray and cup holder. yes the wheels are small and plastic but so are the wheels on the mac. unfortunately the quality has gone down in recent years -- but if you get last years model on sale, it is still decent for the price. my 04 aria is still holding up great even with heavy use thru two kids -- and i use it every where, even out doors for walks or at the park etc. sometime i even let both kids ride in it at the same time (one of the nice things about the seat is that two kids fit in it) or sometimes dd1 will ride (standing) on the foot rest while dd2 is sitting in the seat. i recently bought a 07 for the one hand fold and because it was so inexpensive that i couldn't resist, but it isn't as well made as the 04 -- i don't expect it to last as long.

the mac should be more durable and offers great steering for an umbrella stroller and of course an umbrella fold. however it is tippy and you will not have the same amount of storage (small, hard to access basket). small plastic wheels better suited for indoor use. i believe that the fold is easy and one handed (or uses your feet), canopy might not be as good as on the aria, and it weighs a little more. the seat is often uncomfortable -- slouchy. babies who like to sit up might not like it, especially since it doesn't have a belly bar or snack tray.
I don't agree that the seat is not comfortable. I've been using it since ds was 7 mts. old he sleeps well in it and always looks comfy with the foot extend bar. I agree it is an indoor stroller and storage not as great. It can't be your only stroller. I also have the P3 which I love. But I saw the Aria on Tues. at BBB for 99$ and at that price it's a great deal. The sun shade is the Aria's best feature.