PDA

View Full Version : Changing pad question

Nechums
08-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone! New to this forum, but I was hoping I'd be able to get some advice.

Has anyone used a changing pad on top of a regular dresser (not a dresser/changing table combo) without securing it? Would the non-slip bottom surface of the pad suffice in keeping the pad in place and keeping the baby safe during changing?

Thanks! I'm just trying to avoid the need for buying a separate changing station.

neeleymartin
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
we have our changing pad on top of a low dresser. i wondered (and may have even posted) year or more ago. we went with it and it has been no problem. you would think it were attached.

good luck,
n

jvs195
08-18-2008, 09:03 AM
We used ours for 2 1/2 years unattached, just never left child unattended. No issues. Plan to do the same for #2. The dresser top is only slightly larger than the pad and the nonstick back kept it from slipping much at all.

maylips
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
We do it too. DD is now 17 months and moves around a bit, but she's never slid the pad enough to allow it to fall off. If she gets close to falling off, it's because she's being antsy on her own - nothing to do with the pad.